When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Dream on then. I think if the pothole situation isn't sorted out soon YES is inevitable. Tick tock.

The halo effect from Sturgeon and Black becoming  the Uks two most influential biddies makes independence a certainty next time 

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but every time Tez and the north British puppets claim Scottish independence would mean cutting it off from its largest trading partner - the motherland - aren’t they tacitly claiming that the UK is not going to be trading with the rest of Europe?

Or do they envision a future in which Scotland is either banned from the EU, or in which it’s in the EU, but the UK’s glorious FTA is specially written to exclude trade with Scotland because reasons?

Given that we were promised that the only way to be in the EU was to vote No has turned out to be the complete opposite, I'd say it's very connected. If, as some EU spokesmen have argued, we would be fast tracked back in after Brexit as an independent nation, as we already match the criteria, then it's just up to how many Scots would prefer to stay in the EU or follow the UK off the cliff.

It would be heavy complacent just to rely on people to trudge out and vote for EU membership. I don’t think people really view it with all that much enthusiasm do they? Years of constant negative press around it haven’t helped either.

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It would be heavy complacent just to rely on people to trudge out and vote for EU membership. I don’t think people really view it with all that much enthusiasm do they? Years of constant negative press around it haven’t helped either.

Sure, but if the fisheries and agriculture wake up with WTF along with manufacturing, finance and services and their associated unions, it could start a bit of a clamour. Only banks in geographical Britain with passports based in Edinburgh, for instance..

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sure, but if the fisheries and agriculture wake up with WTF along with manufacturing, finance and services and their associated unions, it could start a bit of a clamour. Only banks in geographical Britain with passports based in Edinburgh, for instance..

An independent Scotland in the EU could potentially herald the country’s rebirth. A dependent Scotland choosing to remain in the Brexiting UK could potentially expedite a terminal decline.

The halo effect from Sturgeon and Black becoming  the Uks two most influential biddies makes independence a certainty next time 

I think the difference between being voted "most influential" and actually being "most influential" is being missed here.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but every time Tez and the north British puppets claim Scottish independence would mean cutting it off from its largest trading partner - the motherland - aren’t they tacitly claiming that the UK is not going to be trading with the rest of Europe?

Or do they envision a future in which Scotland is either banned from the EU, or in which it’s in the EU, but the UK’s glorious FTA is specially written to exclude trade with Scotland because reasons?

For me, that's why it's vital to hold indyref2 whilst we are still in the EU. Also, the EU has no allegiance to the UK anymore and could come straight out and say should Scotland vote Yes they would automatically stay in the EU or be granted full membership when it does if there is a transition period post yes vote 

The thing is that the quote from Westminster is that powers will be returning to Edinburgh after talks, not to Holyrood, to Edinburgh, so speculation is suggesting that this means the shiny new England in Scotland office in Leith, which is recruiting loads of staff. All hail our fluffy imperial master.

9 hours ago, bob the tank said:

The thing is that the quote from Westminster is that powers will be returning to Edinburgh after talks, not to Holyrood, to Edinburgh, so speculation is suggesting that this means the shiny new England in Scotland office in Leith, which is recruiting loads of staff. All hail our fluffy imperial master.

Good catch. The SNP need to go much harder on this, in addition to pointing out that Maybot keeps claiming she won’t get any kind of FTA (nor trade with Europe at all) every time she claims Scottish independence means an end to Scotland’s trading with England.

We need to push past the stockholm syndrome in evidence here. We are insular shitebags riding the crest of an opportunity cost wave. Parallel to this, small nations succeed; so release the shackles, throw down the doffing caps, relinquish the servile craven mindsets and believe

"Servile,craven" Pep has taught you well Grasshopper.

For me, that's why it's vital to hold indyref2 whilst we are still in the EU. Also, the EU has no allegiance to the UK anymore and could come straight out and say should Scotland vote Yes they would automatically stay in the EU or be granted full membership when it does if there is a transition period post yes vote 

This scenario is still based on the myth that the EU/Brexit situation is some sort of game changer for the majority of people in Scotland. It's a bit shite but it's not as influential as you crave. Indy2 anytime soon will end in salty tears and Pep running off abroad (hopefully).

10 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

This scenario is still based on the myth that the EU/Brexit situation is some sort of game changer for the majority of people in Scotland. It's a bit shite but it's not as influential as you crave.

Better hope then Brexit doesn't go tits up in a world were America is racing back to the 1930s and protectionism.

This scenario is still based on the myth that the EU/Brexit situation is some sort of game changer for the majority of people in Scotland. It's a bit shite but it's not as influential as you crave. Indy2 anytime soon will end in salty tears and Pep running off abroad (hopefully).

Being worse off isn't a myth is it. You are starting to sound like just another desperate Yoon who can see the writing on the wall for our united kingdoms

1 in 20 swing to get yes over the line. Hardly a massive number. Tick tock

10 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Being worse off isn't a myth is it. You are starting to sound like just another desperate Yoon who can see the writing on the wall for our united kingdoms

You were willing to accept being worse off if Yes had won in 2014 so a short memory calling it out now

You were willing to accept being worse off if Yes had won in 2014 so a short memory calling it out now

Calling out what? Why would we have been worse off after 2014? I'd really like someone to explain that premise to me sometime, so how about doing it now.

2 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Calling out what? Why would we have been worse off after 2014? I'd really like someone to explain that premise to me sometime, so how about doing it now.

Gers, you know the figures the British government make up to convince us we'd be much better letting them keep control of our natural resources.

5 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

With any separation there will be one off costs to pay, loss of business plus a period of uncertainty and time needed to build for the future. Specifically to 2014 movement in the oil price would have put a rather large hole in Salmonds plans. 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

With any separation there will be one off costs to pay, loss of business plus a period of uncertainty and time needed to build for the future. Specifically to 2014 movement in the oil price would have put a rather large hole in Salmonds plans. 

You mean one off costs like the 75 government departments better together told us we'd have to set up until it was pointed out the UK only has 27 and Scotland already has half of them? 

Or loss of business like we're going to experience now with the UK leaving the world's biggest single market?

Or uncertainty like the type that lead to record inward investment during 2014?

You britnats really have nothing.