When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Who is going to be the driving force for independence other than the SNP?

Said it before - Brian from Barnsley. These Brexit lads despise Scotland (almost) as much as they despise South Asians.

Show a wee bit patience, and it'll be our turn. 8)

Edited by JamieThomas

5 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Some disturbing politics on show here tbh. Important that the Yes movement guards against right wing garbage like this gaining a foothold in the movement.

"Right wing garbage" is all the rage at the moment. This sensible politicking nonsense that we're playing is getting us nowhere.  bQshDtu.png

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you going to call your new party "Peppino"?

Not a party m8. A movement that incorportates you commies and those fat tory capitalists who all have a thirst for Scottish Nationalism. It's the only way.

Edited by BawWatchin

20 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Taking the question to the court of the lord lion is the second

1) I would suggest that Rev Canon Dr Joseph John Morrow CBE KStJ QC DL LLD (the Lord Lyon)  might just conceivably be a No voter. He's an ex-Labour cooncillor, past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland & was the Vice Lord Lieutenant (the Queen's representative) in Dundee.

2) It's spelled Lord Lyon

31 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) I would suggest that Rev Canon Dr Joseph John Morrow CBE KStJ QC DL LLD (the Lord Lyon)  might just conceivably be a No voter. He's an ex-Labour cooncillor, past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland & was the Vice Lord Lieutenant (the Queen's representative) in Dundee.

And bound by scots law,he can't pick sides.

3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Some disturbing politics on show here tbh. Important that the Yes movement guards against right wing garbage like this gaining a foothold in the movement.

Your not Mr current affairs are you,right wing politics is on the rise all over the EU some mite say it's a good time to leave.

Question for you, going by % how many tory voting scots do you think voted yes in 2014?

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

And bound by scots law,he can't pick sides.

Yeah, that route has served the cause of independence sooooo well over the years. 

We can all point out technical breaches of the Act of Union until doomsday, but as far as I recall, we're still part of the UK.

In my opinion, any route apart from a referendum will not lead to an independent Scotland.

UDI would probably lead to (non-Scots) troops on the streets

Legal challenges in the Lord Lyon's court would take years, and would be open to attack along the lines of  "The seperatists are just using legal technicalities to split up our lovely UK. No-one really wants this apart from the barrack-room lawyers"

In my view, the Scottish Government currently have a mandate for a referendum. We should use it before it expires on 6th May 2021. If we can't win with the current & ongoing clusterfuck in UK politics, we aren't going to win in the post-2021 future anyway.

Mind you Scottish Freemasonry predates the union of the crowns, never mind the union of parliaments so it’s probably got little to fear

But who’s going to be the main driving force for the Yes movement other than the SNP? Who’s the meaningful counterweight to their hegemony*?

*yes I’ve read Gramsci and what of it
The biggest driving force is not who but what.

It will be a hard Brexit and the pandering to the little Englander vote that will foment the independence vote.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:
Meanwhile in Scotland....

Image result for david mundell mp gif

Wee, sleekit, cow’rin, timrous beastie

O, what a panic’s in thy breastie!

Thinking o’ yer loss o’ Ministerial perks

My haen some principles or self respect