Scotrail to cut back Sunday train services

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The money drivers earn it's a wonder there is a shortage.

How much are they on, I'm looking for a new direction? The job I'm in is going off the rails at the moment,

Grimbo

How much are they on, I'm looking for a new direction? The job I'm in is going off the rails at the moment,

Grimbo

It is a job with plenty of good and bad points but will get you back on track.

Rumour is that abellio were awarded contract knowing it was a shambles so that Scottish gov could sack them and renationalise the railways. As I said its speculation.

A few months after the Dutch Government owned, Abellio took over Scotland's train service, news today they are cutting back Sunday train services due to a 'lack of drivers'

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/about-scotrail/news/changes-sunday-timetables

That's the system they inherited from First, so it's not Abellio's fault per se. And if the system was working at the point they took over, there was no pressing need to change it.

But it is a bit off running a 7-day railway with only 6-days worth of shifts and subsequently relying on voluntary overtime. Hopefully they come good on the promise to employ another 100 drivers.

But it is a bit off running a 7-day railway with only 6-days worth of shifts and subsequently relying on voluntary overtime. Hopefully they come good on the promise to employ another 100 drivers.

If they employed more drivers i would genuinely apply,ive always wanted to be a train driver choo choo 8)

It's part of an industrial dispute, so probably temporary.

Train drivers haven't been balloted for industrial action yet, this is down to guys deciding to have Sunday off rather than working overtime.

When drivers are balloted for industrial action there won't be a single train on a Sunday, never mind a reduced timetable.

On a serious note ie no puns.

In the service of Her Majesty I came in to contact with rail workers and their contract agreements. These people make me look industrious. It's institutional laziness, to the extent I wouldn't mind a job in it.

So they rely on staff to volunteer to do Sundays? I wonder why they haven't included Sundays into their contracts when employing new staff. Have one weekend off, one weekend on.

Sunday travel in this country doesn't really reflect the 7-day week that the rest of the country is turning into.

So they rely on staff to volunteer to do Sundays? I wonder why they haven't included Sundays into their contracts when employing new staff. Have one weekend off, one weekend on.

Sunday travel in this country doesn't really reflect the 7-day week that the rest of the country is turning into.

It's not just 'Sunday Service' on public transport that needs sorted out, it's the whole perception about Sundays being 'days of rest' meaning we see reduced opening times for everything. Shit needs sorted out.

It's not just 'Sunday Service' on public transport that needs sorted out, it's the whole perception about Sundays being 'days of rest' meaning we see reduced opening times for everything. Shit needs sorted out.

In England supermarkets still close at 5pm on a Sunday, even '24/7' ones. It's quite bizarre. Only the mini local ones seem to have normal opening hours on a Sunday.

Archived