The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Just watch the Sunday Supplement to see the English football media in all their gory. In the main they are lazy agenda driven cretins who are to bone idle to do pretty research, the media today is all about click bait hence many of them pandering to those clubs with the most followers.

Liam Kennedy, known 'gobshite' for the Evening Tele spelled Gerry McCabe's name as 'Jerry'. Now that's not a biggie you'd think, but it boils my piss that such a mistake is made about our assistant manager when the journalist that wrote it only has to focus on Dundee and Dundee United with a small column piece for a living - and he makes simple, basic mistakes such as that?

Liam Kennedy, known 'gobshite' for the Evening Tele spelled Gerry McCabe's name as 'Jerry'. Now that's not a biggie you'd think, but it boils my piss that such a mistake is made about our assistant manager when the journalist that wrote it only has to focus on Dundee and Dundee United with a small column piece for a living - and he makes simple, basic mistakes such as that?

Probably phoned the piece in and someone in the office transcribed it.

Just watch the Sunday Supplement to see the English football media in all their gory. In the main they are lazy agenda driven cretins who are to bone idle to do pretty research, the media today is all about click bait hence many of them pandering to those clubs with the most followers.

Pandering to the clubs with the most followers has always been the way. The logic is that more people will buy or click. Without wanting to take this thread in another direction, it's why there's a Frankenstein's monster lurching around the leagues - the suits who run the game can't afford to lose 40,000 fans.

In England it is very much the same, only with the added attraction of regular European football to discuss and the exciting press releases that follow.

What makes reporting in Scotland particularly unpalatable is that the media here is a little village. A horrible combination of tweedy kent-yer-faither journalism and corporate football horrors with the game's governance in their pockets.

Seen in one of the papers today, had two pictures comparing English and scottish premiership stadiums.

Had a picture of Ross Countys ground with the caption "Caledonian Stadium"

Does anyone proof read these articles?

The worrying thing is that they probably do.

Embarrassing.

I've noticed a few articles with the Mark McDougall byline on them. I can already tell he supports Rangers, is doing his first big boy job, and hasn't a fucking clue.

Edited by Dunty

Didn't a Scottish journalist recently say that Wallace was better than Andrew Robertson?

Stories that pander to OF fans keeps "journalists" in jobs. Forever_blue's bell end will be red raw after reading this.

Derek Johnstone on Clyde 1 said Wallace was the best full left back Scotland had and can't see by him starting in that role in the next campaign...

Derek Johnstone on Clyde 1 said Wallace was the best full left back Scotland had and can't see by him starting in that role in the next campaign...

Someone should ask him to name another 3 Scottish left backs. I'll bet he wouldn't have a fucking clue.

You know my biggest issue wi that statement. This is a guy who basically only watches 1 team.

I'd loves to have heard him make that statement and ask him to name other matches he's seen recently to gauge comparisons.

Arsehole of a man

I'd say Strachan will have see it Robertson > Tierney > Wallace > Shinnie.

Tierney ahead of Wallace because he plays for Celtic.

In reality of course, Shinnie is a better player than both.