Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

Bit of advice, bragging about finishing above clubs with bigger budgets to a St Johnstone fan isn't the best idea.

Yeah, I didn't. It's only to be expected. Try again.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only about 150 tickets left for this one. Expect them to be gone come kick-off.

You just can't whack 16,000 Jambos crammed into Tynecastle, likes. 8)

Only about 150 tickets left for this one. Expect them to be gone come kick-off.

You just can't whack 16,000 Jambos crammed into Tynecastle, likes. 8)

Shut it :P

I'd start:

Mannus

Shaughnessy, McKay, Wright, Easton

O'Halloran, Millar, Craig, Wotherspoon

Kane, Sutton

That midfield four could be fairly fluid with anyone but Millar able to play on the left and either O'Halloran or Spoony on the right. I don't think they'd like the idea of O'Halloran up against McHattie by the sounds of things.

I'd probably go one different to above and start with Lappin over Kane. The midfield five are still fluid with the option to play O'Halloran up top or even Wotherspoon and O'Halloran just off Sutton. I liked that 4-3-2-1 we used at the start of 2013/14 but we moved away from it to accommodate May. Sutton isn't going to link play like MacLean though admittedly. Selecting Lappin gives Craig more freedom to get forward.

Needn't have as much fear as we might have done with the injury list a couple of weeks ago but a point would still represent a fine return tomorrow.

I only left out Lappin on the basis of fitness levels-he wasn't able to take part at all last week-is he match fit?

Also just worry it leaves Sutton a bit isolated as he's not going to drop in. It would rely on us getting balls into the right area fairly regularly for him to feed off.

Think Lappin has been back all week and I'm sure I read the manager saying he's been looking good in training. Assuming of course he's talking in terms of football...

I know the risk is there with Sutton on his own but the option is there to play O'Halloran alongside him. I've said before I'm worried about how much impact Sutton can have but think we need to stick with him through these opening weeks to try and get more out of him than we've seen so far. For all he's been poor recently, MacLean would have been far more suited for tomorrow and his more respectable performances since his return have generally been against the bigger clubs.

I only lined them up that way to have O'Halloran against McHattie. You could even have Craig left with Wotherspoon central to have them both getting down the lines on their natural feet to cross for Sutton. O'Halloran played there against Alashkert and got a couple of decent balls in, and you know Craig will do that all day. Any combination allows us to change it up regularly though.

Do think we have the surprise factor, they might not know much as we are never on TV.

Saw Hearts loads last year, can't remember the last time I watched us .

One look at their forum suggests they probably don't know that much about Saints. Only Celtic and Aberdeen conceded less goals than us last season but we are going to ship several today according to plenty of their fans. Plenty of 3/4/5 goal victories being touted. I'm not hugely confident of going to Tynecastle and winning considering our recent form at the start of seasons, but we rarely take a hammering. We are much more difficult to beat than I think they're giving us credit for.

From what I seen on Thursday Hearts need a big improvement. Walker must start in my opinion. Changed the game

Walker is the first name on the team sheet, I'd imagine Robbie was resting him on Thursday.

I'll go for 2-1 hearts. Saints are a hard team to break down but they've got a few good attacking players as well, it'll be a tough game.

Its pretty refreshing to have a team under-estimate us again though, seems like most clubs respect us these days, and that gets a bit boring

Its pretty refreshing to have a team under-estimate us again though, seems like most clubs respect us these days, and that gets a bit boring

I doubt the team will be underestimating you at all, couple of fans on here maybe but most know that it'll be a tough game.

Archived