James McClean

By being obtuse and making a comparison to the extreme, you are not dismantling anything. Reductio ad absurdum.

Seems like you are finding it difficult to justify your earlier claim.

You stated - "Man with political beliefs makes silent protest at inconsequential moment."

Are you now adding a caveat here? Of "Man with political beliefs which I find acceptable, makes silent protest at inconsequential moment."

Or are you actually saying that whatever political beliefs he has, including for example, white supremacy, it is absolutely fine for him to make a protest at a match which he is representing his employers in?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This point was made in the post you quoted so I'm very disappointed to have to make it again.

Perhaps if you ever make a decent point, you won't have to continue to scrabble about.

Seems like you are finding it difficult to justify your earlier claim.

You stated - "Man with political beliefs makes silent protest at inconsequential moment."

Are you now adding a caveat here? Of "Man with political beliefs which I find acceptable, makes silent protest at inconsequential moment."

Or are you actually saying that whatever political beliefs he has, including for example, white supremacy, it is absolutely fine for him to make a protest at a match which he is representing his employers in?

Where did I add the caveat? Where did I state that I found his beliefs acceptable? My statement is fairly simple and to the point. He has political beliefs which he expressed at a time and place where his point is made completely irrelevant. Do you disagree with what I have said?

Perhaps if you ever make a decent point, you won't have to continue to scrabble about.

I think the issue is more that you make fallacious points and then fire out endless insults and declarations of victory if anyone points them out.

He has political beliefs which he expressed at a time and place where his point is made completely irrelevant. Do you disagree with what I have said?

I'm trying to establish what your point is.

If his political beliefs were those of white supremacists and he expressed them by turning his back on a Kick Racism out of Football banner, would that also be a non story?

I think the issue is more that you make fallacious points and then fire out endless insults and declarations of victory if anyone points them out.

I think the issue is more that you have tried to be a P&B hero, again, and as usual failed.

I'm trying to establish what your point is.

I think my point has been made clear. His actions are a minor side show of no real relevance and should be seen as just that.

Can I ask why you think James McLean is comparable to a white supremacist?

The annual hoo-ha over Footballers/Poppies etc is tedious.

Why are we such a 'SPORT R TROOPZ' society now? Leave that to the mental Yanks.

I do approve of GSTQ being disrespected at any opportunity though, so fair play to the lad. I booed it like f**k at Wembley a couple of years ago. It was great.

I think my point has been made clear. His actions are a minor side show of no real relevance and should be seen as just that.

Why don't you answer my question... then we can move onto yours.

Why don't you answer my question... then we can move onto yours.

You went back and edited your post to add the question after I had replied to your post.

My feeling on it is that he is perfectly entitled to display whatever political beliefs he has, provided he is willing to accept the consequences of displaying his political beliefs.

Can you now tell me why you feel he is comparable to a white supremacist?

Archived