Some of this may explain why you're all such c***s

individual members of a group privately believe one thing, but think that everyone else in the group believes the opposite.

This phenomenon can help explain why certain cultural practices and government policies persist long after support for them has waned.

Sounds like P&B and organised religion to me.

I reckon psychology degrees must be pretty easy. I've read a few pieces of pop-psych like that and they pretty much all refer to stuff like flaws in group decisions, the 'halo effect' the 'bystander effect' the Millgram experiment and the Stanford prison experiment. I bet anyone who has read that article would get a 2:2 at least.

I reckon psychology degrees must be pretty easy. I've read a few pieces of pop-psych like that and they pretty much all refer to stuff like flaws in group decisions, the 'halo effect' the 'bystander effect' the Millgram experiment and the Stanford prison experiment. I bet anyone who has read that article would get a 2:2 at least.

They are core concepts in social psychology (Lol); but that particular branch of psychology is much maligned. Developmental, Clinical, Biological and Evolutionary psychology are far more interesting (and complex) divisions of psychology as a whole.

A great read, i love stuff like this. Ever since primary age i was one for psychology and social experimentation, i used to get a few of my classmates to pretend they had smelt a vicious fart and so long as we were believable enough others in the class would go with it and act as though they were smelling it. This didn't always work with the most confident of children that were in my age bracket

I was paid to take an IQ test while at University. My IQ is 142 which means I'm better than 99.7% of you

IQ tests are only good for letting you know how competent you are at sitting IQ tests.

Archived