andriod boxes / Kodi

i had this issue (i think) when i deleted kodi from the PC, when i reinstalled it the addons never worked because residual files were left that were corrupting the new install, you might need to google how to completely clear kodi from your box, and maybe it will need a factory reset but thats a last resort

Exactly what Mr X says, the new film streams are awful. The live streams are awful, unless you enjoy watching in Russian/Dutch/Saudi and even at that the quality is significantly poorer. It's alright for one offs, but living with only that? No chance.

Nonsense

Genesis is excellent for movies and zem TV is excellent for all sports.

Nonsense

Genesis is excellent for movies and zem TV is excellent for all sports.

Its not nonsense. Its exaggerated but the basic point is fair enough - most people wouldnt be happy with Kodi as their only source of TV. Some, clearly, are of course.

Is Genesis still going? I thought it had all moved to Exodus

Its not nonsense. Its exaggerated but the basic point is fair enough - most people wouldnt be happy with Kodi as their only source of TV. Some, clearly, are of course.

Is Genesis still going? I thought it had all moved to Exodus

Yup, I'm still using genesis fine. No buffering issues.

Footie is decent too and all in English. Fair doos about point being exaggerated but for a 30 quid one off purchase it's pretty good

Edited by John Lambies Doos

Yup, I'm still using genesis fine. No buffering issues.

Footie is decent too and all in English. Fair doos about point being exaggerated but for a 30 quid one off purchase it's pretty good

I take it Genesis is still finding streams then? Do me a favour, check the latest series of The Blacklist and see if there are any HD streams :) Exodus only ever has SD but it has HD for other shows.

Certainly not denying that the boxes are great value for money and very useful. But I still wouldnt give up Sky etc to rely on one

the boxes are good in two situations

1) you maybe cannot afford the monthly VM bills or sky bills, yes you can have the cheapest package but thats still north of 30 quid a month, decent internet and an android box and at least you can watch shows albeit the next day

2) you dont really watch tv that much and arent bothered about watching stuff the second it is shown on tv (this is the bracket i am in) sports is watchable at times, however if there is something really important sports wise i want to watch (football basically) i can f**k off to my local pub, nurse a few pints and get fantastic viewing,

the boxes arent good if you watch tv for a considerable number of hours a day, especially live events

1) you maybe cannot afford the monthly VM bills or sky bills, yes you can have the cheapest package but thats still north of 30 quid a month, decent internet and an android box and at least you can watch shows albeit the next day

2) you dont really watch tv that much and arent bothered about watching stuff the second it is shown on tv (this is the bracket i am in) sports is watchable at times, however if there is something really important sports wise i want to watch (football basically) i can f**k off to my local pub, nurse a few pints and get fantastic viewing,

the boxes arent good if you watch tv for a considerable number of hours a day, especially live events

3) You own property abroad and want to watch your favourite shit there and not the local shit ( mate in Canaries is in this category and loves it)

I take it Genesis is still finding streams then? Do me a favour, check the latest series of The Blacklist and see if there are any HD streams :) Exodus only ever has SD but it has HD for other

Yes, still picks up streams as of last time I had box on... about 1.5wks ago... watched that London movie with Morgan freeman.

Will have the box fired up on Thursday for killie v Falkirk so will look for blacklist in HD then

3) You own property abroad and want to watch your favourite shit there and not the local shit ( mate in Canaries is in this category and loves it)

I agree with that. Id add another couple.

4) You want to watch some shows on their US schedule rather than waiting for them to come out in the UK.

5) You already pay Sky a fair whack and object to paying extra for individual channels that you watch very occasionally (and arent that bothered about missing)

6) You like having a huge catalogue of shows and films readily available.

These three probably sum me up :)

Yes, still picks up streams as of last time I had box on... about 1.5wks ago... watched that London movie with Morgan freeman.

Will have the box fired up on Thursday for killie v Falkirk so will look for blacklist in HD then

Cheers. I might reinstall it at the weekend and try it out

I'm definitely in the camp of it's a bonus to have it. If I gave up Sky and BT to rely on it I'd be like the angry man from Chewin' the Fat within minutes.

Great library of movies/tv shows etc. I've cancelled Netflix, happy to do without that for sure now, but not Sky/BT, the football is too important.

I think its brilliant, and for a one off of £30 its amazing value, for me £20 a month for sky sports and the same for movies is not value for money as I dont watch it enough to make it worthwhile. If you watch loads of TV and are happy to pay Sky / VM or dont have a decent internet connection its probably not for you

I still download all the TV at US time, pop it onto a memory stick once a week and thats my viewing sorted with no worries whether the usb port on my tv is going to accept file types etc. Anything im desperate for the next episode I can usually get on Exodus

I dont get much time to watch that much sport anyway, most things I would be desperate to watch are either on Alba (any Ayr game that is likely to be shown or the majority of Glasgow Warriors games) or BBC Scotland but i will sit on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon if im not doing something and watch whatever sport I can find on the box. My usual issue is the kids watching youtube video's on the laptop / ipad using up all the internet bandwidth rather than not being able to get a decent stream.

Also you can usually get decent streams for movies if the mood takes me, and its also great for finding movies / cartoons for the kids to watch

I'm using a firestick and stream the stuff, is there actually a way of downloading and keeping it too?

I think he means downloads from torrents rather than through Kodi  :unsure2:

Trying to download to a firestick and getting it back off again to store would be more trouble than its worth

I think he means downloads from torrents rather than through Kodi  :unsure2:

Trying to download to a firestick and getting it back off again to store would be more trouble than its worth

Ah, yes, I hadn't considered that!

Yeah, it's not the most user friendly with the remote keyboard etc. Wouldn't be worth it, you're right.

Got a new wee android box for £26 from Amazon. An MXQ-4K , only had to update to the new kodi and update showbox.

Not really been on kodi much yet , just put a couple of favourites on it like UK Turk. Been using the android side of it much more - Cinemabox , cartoon HD and showbox.

Decent wee box for the money.

Streaming the latest Holywood blockbuster is not illegal, downloading them is...

Android boxes only stream... hence amazon and retailers sell them

The legalities of this have been discussed on here before. Its nowhere near as black and white as that