St. Johnstone v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win can StandFree leave us alone for the rest of the season?

ICT seemed like our bogey side last year, no idea if they actually were. Yogis style of play seemed the only way to successfully, regularly, get the better of our stoic philosophy. Sounds like TW is determined to stick with the more gung-ho style we had against Hearts though, and I'm not sure how Caley react to that style.

No Shinnie, Watkins or McKay removes the fear factor of playing this lot too. In saying that Ryan Christie and Aaron Doran are still immensely dangerous players, and Hearts showed that two dangerous players can win games on their own.

Optimistically going for a 3-1 win.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - McKay - Wright - Easton

Wotherspoon - Brown - Craig

O'Halloran - Sutton - Cummins

Doran missed last weeks game. Not sure if he will make the match on Saturday as I don't think anyone knows how long he is out for.

Suspect at this stage our line up will be something like:

Fon Williams

Horner Devine Draper Raven

Tansey Wedderburn

Christie Mutumbo Williams

Lopez

Hopefully Meekings can shake off whatever was wrong with him. For some reason I can see Draper getting sent off if he plays at CB.

I don't see how we can go on with McKay and Scobbie at centre half. If Wright isn't fit enough to come in I'd consider swapping Easton and Scobbie to see if that helps any. You'd clearly still have the problem of Scobbie being slower than a toddler and unable to ever be in the correct position but perhaps it'll be in a less dangerous area.

Doran missed last weeks game. Not sure if he will make the match on Saturday as I don't think anyone knows how long he is out for.

Suspect at this stage our line up will be something like:

Fon Williams

Horner Devine Draper Raven

Tansey Wedderburn

Christie Mutumbo Williams

Lopez

Hopefully Meekings can shake off whatever was wrong with him. For some reason I can see Draper getting sent off if he plays at CB.

Collum the ref this weekend.... Oh dear.

Glorious :lol:

Making a few assumptions for fitness etc...

Mannus

Shaughnessy McKay Wright Easton

Wotherspoon Lappin Millar Craig

O'Hallaron Sutton

not a massive fan of 4-4-2 but i think suits the players available. Praying Millar is fit, allows us to retain the ball much better.

Missing this due to work unfortunately.

Making a few assumptions for fitness etc...

Mannus

Shaughnessy McKay Wright Easton

Wotherspoon Lappin Millar Craig

O'Hallaron Sutton

not a massive fan of 4-4-2 but i think suits the players available. Praying Millar is fit, allows us to retain the ball much better.

Missing this due to work unfortunately.

Millar will miss this one but should be ok for RC game

Reckon Murray Davidson will be In for Millar and macca in for lappin.

Would be a pretty big shock to have Muzz back for the second game of the season after all the out for the season shite that was banded around when he got injured originally. Incredibly disappointed if Maclean comes back in.

Would be a pretty big shock to have Muzz back for the second game of the season after all the out for the season shite that was banded around when he got injured originally. Incredibly disappointed if Maclean comes back in.

nothing but a sneaky feeling about muzza playing. Done pre season. Has Been back training best part of 2 weeks since injury and cruised thro 45 mins last night. Ideal replacement for Millar and easily get 65 mins out of him Saturday with lappin or brown to replace him. Macca will play if fit and not suspended. As last season shown , no matter how poor he was, he always played.

IMO Sutton and MacLean are fighting for the same spot, as they cant be played together.

I agree but think TW will go with both (Macca) playing off Sutton and dropping in to make up 5 man midfield when we do not have the ball. Reckon he will go with moh, Muzza, spoony and Craig as the 4 in midfield.

Not a lot of protection for the defence there though, unless you ask Craig or Muzz to sit a bit (or Spoony)

Is Lappin injured too? He's a nailed on starter if Millar is out. A spoony/Davidson combo sounds like a disaster to be honest.

TW never drops spoony or Macca so I reckon both Start. I also think muzza comes in as he adds a bit of steel to the midfield especially If up against draper. Only way to fit them in is to drop one player that isn't spoony (so either craig or halloran) in addition to the injury of millar. Be interesting to see. Personally think spoony needs dropped myself as has had a poor start to season after a poor end to last season. On a side note, surely a few of the under 20s are starting to push themselves into fringes of first team if they keep on producing.

Archived