Pish Adverts

The Ladbrokes adverts with a bunch of nondescript chancers they try to pass off as characters.

When I was a boy bookies were turf accountants hidden behind blacked out Windows and never advertised. Now Ladbrokes sell gambling as a lifestyle, the "Ladbrokes life". The World is fucked up in my opinion.

Edited by TheLip69

The Ladbrokes adverts with a bunch of nondescript chancers they try to pass off as characters.

When I was a boy bookies were turf accountants hidden behind blacked out Windows and never advertised. Now Ladbrokes sell gambling as a lifestyle, the "Ladbrokes life". The World is fucked up in my opinion.

Of all the dreadful gambling ads, that might be the worst. Clearly the most expensive, and intended to appeal to folk who think Lock, Stock... Is the best film ever made.

Brightside is a dick. All his pals are dicks.

Has there ever been a TV bunch of lads that didn't look like c***s.

My personal opporoprium is reserved for adverts mostly for Gillette, Nivea and the like that show clean shirt c***s watching the "footy" on a huge leather sofa in their studio apartment then jumping up and hugging in their fucking dress shoes and trousers when some presumably awful Bahrain owned team of rapists and PED addicts scores against another.

This scene is often complimented by one of these top button done up dicks wearing a bar scarf indoors or holding a generic Mexico 70 shoot 5 ball.

This, absolutely. I've been saying o for decades. And our game has embraced it intensely, or at least the moneyed part has. Disgusting. The new opium of the masses.

The Paddy Power advert that was on at half time in the CL final #vivelabantz

Full of Scottish shortbread tin cringe.

That "we're gonnae bet on youse to lose".

It actually hurts to cringe that much. It's not offensive to me as a Englishwoman but it's incredibly fucking offensive that they think this patronising cringefest would appeal to anyone with a brain. Awful.

That awful Coke one with the apparently badly dubbed tosser who is supposed to be some sort of 'cheeky geezer' type who gathers a load of fans because the team are losing or some shite. Awful ear raping nonsense.

Also, has anyone seen these billboards;

post-12228-0-95809600-1464701064_thumb.j

A couple have recently went up near me. I have no idea what they are about.

attachicon.gifmaxresdefault.jpg

Yes, there's one at the end of my street. It's presumably some sort of teaser and the next billboard to go up will reveal more, if not all.

Anybody remember many years ago a series of billboards appeared that just said "Local Hero" or something similar? It was eventually revealed to be a Tennent's advert, with the Local Hero being the barman in your local pub. When that was revealed we started ripping the piss out of Sid in the Golden Gates...

That awful Coke one with the apparently badly dubbed tosser who is supposed to be some sort of 'cheeky geezer' type who gathers a load of fans because the team are losing or some shite. Awful ear raping nonsense.

attachicon.gifmaxresdefault.jpg

Got them here too....no clue what they're about

Creating a website is one thing but putting up billboards all over the place costs a bob or two so it's not just some nutjob with too much time on his hands.

BTW has anybody gone past the first page of that site?