Pish Adverts

12 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

The WeBuyAnyCar adverts where they've given up pretending that you can save money selling it to them and are instead basing their entire business on the fact that it's slightly easier to sell to them even if you'll lose out on a couple of grand.

WBAC are kuntz and unfortunately a symptom of the way people are borrowing far too much money to play 'facebook status', a fun game for wanks.

12 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

The fact that they have started going split screen as the players are shaking hands before a English match on sky so they can squeeze in one last betting promotion just incase you had someone not been convinced to put a bet on the first 15 times Ray Winstone to

Getting more and more like america every fuckin day. Adverts squeezed in fuckin everywhere. Few years time every time the ball goes out they'll squeeze in an ad. Kuntz.

I know, I know it looks like I'm in a bad mood but actually; I'm quite chipper.

Half day tomorrow and I've a free bbq and lots of beer to get through tomorrow. What's not to like? :) 

Ones annoying me at the moment..
The Admiral adverts where they've changed the Admiral to a woman to be more equal opportunities and all that.
The WeBuyAnyCar

Absolute Wid though.

4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

WBAC are kuntz and unfortunately a symptom of the way people are borrowing far too much money to play 'facebook status', a fun game for wanks.

Getting more and more like america every fuckin day. Adverts squeezed in fuckin everywhere. Few years time every time the ball goes out they'll squeeze in an ad. Kuntz.

I know, I know it looks like I'm in a bad mood but actually; I'm quite chipper.

Half day tomorrow and I've a free bbq and lots of beer to get through tomorrow. What's not to like? :) 

I watch NFL quite a bit and everything they do has a sponsor.. like the budweiser replay or the coca cola kick off... can see the premier league going that way soon. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

This new depressing as f**k McDonalds advert where the boy asks his mum what his dead dad was like, to which she may as well say, "apart from being a fan of beef burgers, f**k all like you son".

Despite being asked 'do you want to go large?' he very rarely did.

The Nescafe Cappuccino advert with the woman telling her two female and Gay male friends that she is able to make her husband - who is portrayed as a sad balding middle aged loser who works an office job -  pay her attention and shower her with gifts as she made sure that he saw a drawing their daughter did of 'mummy and her tennis coach' who is depicted in the child's scrawling as a muscle bound golden god, giving it pride of place on the family fridge. Everyone has a wee light hearted chuckle at this sordid scene like it is a whimsical everyday occurrence. 

Had the roles been reversed in this advert and it was a chauvinist guy in a pub, telling his mates he's got the wife right where he wants her cos he introduced the kids to that new bird in his office... They'll tell the wife how good looking she is so that'll keep her on her toes, the outrage would have rightly been enormous. 

Makes my piss boil every time. 

Edited by djchapsticks

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The Nescafe Cappuccino advert with the woman telling her two female and Gay male friends that she is able to make her husband - who is portrayed as a sad balding middle aged loser who works an office job -  pay her attention and shower her with gifts as she made sure that he saw a drawing their daughter did of 'mummy and her tennis coach' who is depicted in the child's scrawling as a muscle bound golden god, giving it pride of place on the family fridge. Everyone has a wee light hearted chuckle at this sordid scene like it is a whimsical everyday occurrence. 

Had the roles been reversed in this advert and it was a chauvinist guy in a pub, telling his mates he's got the wife right where he wants her cos he introduced the kids to that new bird in his office... They'll tell the wife how good looking she is so that'll keep her on her toes, the outrage would have rightly been enormous. 

Makes my piss boil every time. 

My exact issue with Take Me Out.

Can you imagine the trying to sell the reverse format to TV execs?

"Right, so we get 20+ young blokes in the studio, each has a stand with a light lit on it.  Then we bring out a girl, who gives only her name and where she comes from.  Initially, the guys judge her purely on her appearance, and switch their light off if they don't like her or her accent."

*Get encouraged out of the office at this point*

"Wait, you haven't heard the next part, where the host encourages the blokes to make suggestive comments about the girl....."

11 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

This new depressing as f**k McDonalds advert where the boy asks his mum what his dead dad was like, to which she may as well say, "apart from being a fan of beef burgers, f**k all like you son".

Just seen this one for the first time. The advert ends before the mum tells him, "But he dropped dead of a massive heart attack because he was never out of sodding McDonald's..."

BTW isn't the mum the woman who used to be in the BT adverts with Kris Marshall?

Just seen this one for the first time. The advert ends before the mum tells him, "But he dropped dead of a massive heart attack because he was never out of sodding McDonald's..."
BTW isn't the mum the woman who used to be in the BT adverts with Kris Marshall?

I believe she is.

The worst thing about the advert is that it portrays the boy as a total loser with nothing going for him.

That fucking OralB advert, where some bint askes the question about how to keep her mouth clean. Brush your fucking teeth, you must be pushing 40 and your just starting to ask this now? 

"I didn't know OralB made a toothpaste!"

Where the f**k have you been woman? "I didn't know Dominoes made pizza!"

And the tag line to the advert "Brush like a pro" 

How does a professional tooth brusher do it? Or are they talking about the other kind of 'Pro'? The ones that pick the pubes from their teeth then rinse it out with methadone! 

Silly boot!