Parking near City of Glasgow college

Hello all :). I'll be attending city of Glasgow college this year and everyone from Kilmarnock that's going is getting the bus or train, but I'm thinking I may drive just for convenience of leaving when I want etc. How's the parking around it? I believe it's the campus on North hannover Street (that's where my induction is), that's the one near Queen Street station isn't it?

I'd preferably like somewhere free to park, is there a supermarket or something nearby? I don't know Glasgow well at all, especially to drive in so it's risky lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely no chance of getting free parking nearby I'm afraid. Buchanan Galleries is your closest bet. CoG offer (or at least used to) students reduced price parking in the car park at Buchanan Galleries, think it's £4 all day.

You won't find anywhere nearby that's free. Your best bet if you don't want to take the train from Kilmarnock is either Buchanan Galleries or park near a Subway station outside the centre and take the Subway.

Absolutely no chance of getting free parking nearby I'm afraid. Buchanan Galleries is your closest bet. CoG offer (or at least used to) students reduced price parking in the car park at Buchanan Galleries, think it's £4 all day.

I think that car park is now shut:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13308077.No_entry__shutters_to_come_down_on_city_centre_2000_space_car_park_until_2017/

Nearest supermarket from there is the Sainsbury's. Theres one at the bottom of Buchanan Galleries.

I'd get the bus. Far cheaper & easier IMO. Bus station is pretty much right next to the college.

Archived