Nock v Bott Ardagh Glass Cup.

Larky55

Good afternoons entertainment. Cumnock made a nervy start, & Gordon Pope coolly slotted home a penalty in the 3rd minute. The home goalie was relieved to see only a yellow card for his part in the penalty award.

Bryan Young doubled Talbots lead after 15mns when he bravely headed home an excellent right wing cross from William Boyd.

Mark Shankland missed a penalty soon after, when he fired tamely at the home goalie who was on the ground waiting for the shot.

Cumnock 0-2 Talbot HT

After the break,Cumnock gave a better account of themselves & gave Talbot much more to think about.

Midway through the half Andy Leishman pulled off an astonishing save when he leaped high to his left to keep out a net bound effort from Cumnocks no 8.

Bryan Young put Talbot 3 ahead when he unbeleavably curled the ball high into the net from the left touch line.

Cumnock finished the game very strongly & got a well deserved goal in the last 10mns, their no5 powerd a header into the goal area from the edge of the box, not sure who got the final touch though.

Nice day, decent crowd. Officials handled the game well.

MOM Talbots Bryan Young was sensational.

Good afternoons entertainment. Cumnock made a nervy start, & Gordon Pope coolly slotted home a penalty in the 3rd minute. The home goalie was relieved to see only a yellow card for his part in the penalty award.

Bryan Young doubled Talbots lead after 15mns when he bravely headed home an excellent right wing cross from William Boyd.

Mark Shankland missed a penalty soon after, when he fired tamely at the home goalie who was on the ground waiting for the shot.

Cumnock 0-2 Talbot HT

After the break,Cumnock gave a better account of themselves & gave Talbot much more to think about.

Midway through the half Andy Leishman pulled off an astonishing save when he leaped high to his left to keep out a net bound effort from Cumnocks no 8.

Bryan Young put Talbot 3 ahead when he unbeleavably curled the ball high into the net from the left touch line.

Cumnock finished the game very strongly & got a well deserved goal in the last 10mns, their no5 powerd a header into the goal area from the edge of the box, not sure who got the final touch though.

Nice day, decent crowd. Officials handled the game well.

MOM Talbots Bryan Young was sensational.

Very fair assessment, talbot strong all around the park. I have to say not good on the eye but very effective with back to front football. It wins games.

The fixtures missing that wee bit of edge now which is disappointing , Talbot are on a different level from Cumnock now thought Steven white was outstanding never gave burns a second on the ball .

Thought White had an excellent game considering he was carrying an extra 11 stone with Burns in his back pocket

For Cumnocks 1st competitive game with basically a brand new squad I thought they gave a good account of themselves especially in the 2nd half if it wasn't for leishmans wonder save and a fluke from Young it might have been a different story

For Cumnocks 1st competitive game with basically a brand new squad I thought they gave a good account of themselves especially in the 2nd half if it wasn't for leishmans wonder save and a fluke from Young it might have been a different story

tut tut

Your optimism is to be admired, home team pumped 3-1 by their biggest rivals and you say they gave account of themselves.

I think if we took our chances we could of been out of sight by half time, cumnock did improve in the second half in fact they played some good football at diffrent stages of the game.

Talbot won relatively comfortably today hit the bar from a free kick in the first minute went 1-0 up in the third minute, 2-0 up in the 15th minute then dropped off a bit missing a penalty just before half-time. Second half Cumnock played better as Talbot never got going Talbot's third goal was a fluke and Cumnock got a late goal. One thing Larky never mentioned was Cumnock's bully boy tactic's in the first half some merited more than a yellow card at one point it looked as if Cumnock where losing it Crawford in particular was running about like a crazed man, Cumnock's manager must have had a word with them at half time as they calmed down considerably 2nd half if they stick to playing football they will do a lot better as for Talbot it will be much the same this season again when the trophies are being dished out they will be there or there about's.

First time poster folks so stick with me.

Over the past few seasons I've been choosing a different venue each week after moving up from down Bristol.

Today I decided to take in this local derby.

I was very surprised by the big crowd and enjoyed the banter between the opposing fans.

The game itself started off in frantic fashion with talbot dominating play and scoring early on after having already missed a set piece opportunity. Cumnock could have no complaints about the decision to award the penalty and found themselves 2-0 down a short while later after another defensive error.

One of the home supporters was telling me Cumnock have added 11/12 new players to their squad from last season and you could tell a few of them where caught up in the derby passion.

They where lucky not to be 3-0 down after a penalty save after a baffling penalty decision by the overall poor referee

After this let off Cumnock grew in confidence and seemed to settle and missed a chance from their no 11 shortly after.

The Cumnock backline began to look more assured although the long ball and set pieces by the visitors still posed a threat. Cumnock finished the have the more dominant side although Talbots no 4 was mopping up well.

Half time and a few chances by the home side impressive number 12 (striker) and wide player coming on gave Cumnock a grip on the game and their no 8 Burns began to get joy on the ball an as mentioned was denied by one of the best saves I have witnessed by the talbot gk - who is fantastic. At this stage Cumnock where on top however talbot looked dangerous on the break and it was on the break that a cross come shot deceived the home gk. 3-0 to the away side although Cumnock forced another few saves from talbot keeper before pulling one back and continued to press until the end.

Not a lot in the game despite the champions grabbing and early 2 goal lead.

I seen Cumnock play at Kilbirnie last season and they have certainly improved and didn't look a league below talbot. I do believe both sides where a few players short and admire the passion of both clubs. Enjoyed my day out Ayrshire and thought talbot no4 or no7 and Cumnock 12 where best on show.

Archived