Talbot Tops Again

ernieradburn

Another new start to the competitive season and Talbot once again deliver the goods, 3-1 winners away to arch rivals, superb result once again. Some might say they are in a lower league than us, but when it comes to cup games we all know the form book is thrown out the window. Tucker has delivered again, a few tweaks here and there and the consistency continues once again. Going by todays performance Cumnock showed their level, and I can't see them coming back up next season, their league is a tough one, Kilwinning looking good on their restructuring, Clydebank and Shotts also to deal with. Might be a wee while until we meet them in league games again.

Another new start to the competitive season and Talbot once again deliver the goods, 3-1 winners away to arch rivals, superb result once again. Some might say they are in a lower league than us, but when it comes to cup games we all know the form book is thrown out the window. Tucker has delivered again, a few tweaks here and there and the consistency continues once again. Going by todays performance Cumnock showed their level, and I can't see them coming back up next season, their league is a tough one, Kilwinning looking good on their restructuring, Clydebank and Shotts also to deal with. Might be a wee while until we meet them in league games again.

Far too early to comment about levels. Cumnock beat Kilbirnie away from home last week, whilst Shoots draw with Wishaw today. Clydebank going with a number of 21s from last year. Let the league begin. Talbot deserved there win today and are strong.

So Talbot are superb in beating a lower league team by only two goals yet that lower league team will struggle to get out of that league? Surely if Cumnock only lost 3-1 to a magnificent Talbot then they've a good chance of coming up?

Far too early to comment about levels. Cumnock beat Kilbirnie away from home last week, whilst Shoots draw with Wishaw today. Clydebank going with a number of 21s from last year. Let the league begin. Talbot deserved there win today and are strong.

Shoots? If only mate????. Hardly had a shot on goal today. Some comical moments, if you didn't laugh you'd weep.

So Talbot are superb in beating a lower league team by only two goals yet that lower league team will struggle to get out of that league? Surely if Cumnock only lost 3-1 to a magnificent Talbot then they've a good chance of coming up?

Cumnock where slow out the blocks and paid the price for it. A better second half showed they can compete. With a bit of luck it could have been a bit closer but still think the result was not in doubt. Nock with nearly a full new team and It will be take some time. The goal is promotion and time will tell if this will be achieved.

Read my post again and you will see I mentioned in cup games are one offs and form books go out the window, no matter what league you play in or what grade of football, its for 90 minutes. So, therefore Talbot going to their arch rivals ( irrespective of what league they are in ) and coming away with a 3-1 victory is a result to me.

It was a close game although individual errors cost Cumnock. Talbot are a big physical side and you can see they have a strong winning mentality and unity. In fairness to Cumnock they responded well to the early set back and played well in the 2nd half.

Read my post again and you will see I mentioned in cup games are one offs and form books go out the window, no matter what league you play in or what grade of football, its for 90 minutes. So, therefore Talbot going to their arch rivals ( irrespective of what league they are in ) and coming away with a 3-1 victory is a result to me.

And you read mine.

While Cumnock were on top for large periods of the second half they could have had a goal, but for a world class save from Andy Leishman. I don't think I have ever seen a better stop, falling backward in the wrong direction a getting a hand to it to push it over the bar. Brilliant

Game was done and dusted at 2-0. Talbot missed a penalty and a superb save by the keepers foot denied Peewee a goal. Could have been 4-0 before Cumnock got going. However they did put in a decent shift in the second half and played some nice football, got to agree about Andy's save it was worth the admittance money alone.

Folk shouldn't get to carried away this early for most teams the League cup section games are still used as pre-season warm ups, where managers try out all their players, some trialists and different formations. Aye yesterdays Cumnock/Talbot game was a competitive game and the result will go down in the record books but it was in no way a reflection in how the season will pan out, I fully expect Talbot to be in at the death in most competitions as they are still a very strong group of players and I wouldn't be surprised if Cumnock are pushing for promotion this season. There's a very long season ahead for all clubs who knows how thing will turn out one thing though its good to get the football under way.

Archived