Alloa vs Rangers Sunday 16th August

So it's off to Recreation Park for our first away fixture of the league. Alloa definitely had the measure of us last season with 3 draws and a win each but with the moral high ground definitely belonging to The Wasps.

I don't think next Sunday will be easy but I do expect us to come home with 3 points. I'm also pleased that we're not using the pitch as an excuse but are taking Alloa seriously and training there during the week. A sensible approach and not something we've come to expect from Rangers' management!

I'll go for 1-2.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Warburton is that you know the guy will miss out absolutely nothing in terms of preparation. He appears to be the ultimate professional.

Taking nothing for granted, we've evidently found it difficult up there but I do fancy a win.

Alloa looked flimsy at the back yesterday and I'd expect some goals from Rangers.

Genuine question though for my Rangers following friends:

Is there a concern over how clinical or otherwise, Rangers are in front of goal?

I know that goals flowed very freely during the last hour of the Hibs game, but in the Ibrox ones, despite scoring three in each of them, it sounds like Rangers spurned a Hell of a lot of chances. Obviously, it's encouraging that chances are being created, but is there a worry that in matches where fewer opportunities come along, finishing might become an issue?

Alloa definitely had the measure of us last season with 3 draws and a win each but with the moral high ground definitely belonging to The Wasps.

I'll be taking the moral high ground irrespective of the results between us this season. ;)

I think we'll compete well enough in midfield, and I fancy us to score (even though the scorers of all seven of our goals against The Rangers have moved on). Defence is my worry. We've lost our entire back four from last season and the replacements have yet to convince individually or as a unit. Still early days, but with in the glare of the TV cameras we'll find out more about which of them may ultimately fill Gordon, Meggatt et als large boots.

Looking forward to seeing this new Sevco team at the Indodrill, to get a view of just how good the players look.

Anything short of a tanking will do at the moment. We've obviously still got work to do if we're going to be up to par for this season, and Rangers are scoring goals without being terribly clinical.

I'm starting to think we might have to make do with second place this season, chaps.

I baulk at admitting this but I'm one of the few that you have.

Is there a worry that in matches where fewer opportunities come along, finishing might become an issue?

It's a problem we are happy to have. I think we missed Kenny Misser on Friday. He seems to have made something of an art of drifting in to the back post and netting it.

MT, I think there is a little bit of concern about the number of missed chances even this early on in the season.

Waghorn looks like a terrific find and runs the line superbly, pulling defenders this way and that, but he's not an out and out goalscorer.

Luckily though the chances have fallen to a number of players and hopefully once they really settle into things the goals will start to rack up.

Alloa looked flimsy at the back yesterday and I'd expect some goals from Rangers.

Is there a concern over how clinical or otherwise, Rangers are in front of goal?

I know that goals flowed very freely during the last hour of the Hibs game, but in the Ibrox ones, despite scoring three in each of them, it sounds like Rangers spurned a Hell of a lot of chances. Obviously, it's encouraging that chances are being created, but is there a worry that in matches where fewer opportunities come along, finishing might become an issue?

It's a little worrying however it is a much better problem to be having than everything else we have had to worry about over the last three seasons , I genuinley believe that all the set up is there for this issue to be worked on and resolved and hopefully the finishing can be improved and fall into place

I baulk at admitting this but I'm one of the few that you have.

No balking required Kincardine. I've actually got a good few in the real world. On P&B, perhaps fewer.

OK we've done that shite. Not every thread is about you. Can we get back to Sunday's game?

Shut up about me then and stick to answering a question that was posed in good faith, as the other guys have managed.

I did. I said, "It's a problem we are happy to have. I think we missed Kenny Misser on Friday. He seems to have made something of an art of drifting in to the back post and netting it."

Now stop fucking flouncing.

I did. I said, "It's a problem we are happy to have. I think we missed Kenny Misser on Friday. He seems to have made something of an art of drifting in to the back post and netting it."

Now stop fucking flouncing.

I said "stick to answering", not " start answering". I know you'd answered, but you should have left it at that unless you wanted this crap to start again.

Let's leave it, eh?

Archived