Blues v Bloo Toon

Peterhead make the trek south on Saturday - we seemed to find it relatively straightforward to beat the Bloo Toon last season. I only saw the last of our five meetings and while we won it didn't seem particularly easy that day.

Still not 100% sure what to expect from our much-changed squad, but have seen enough to provide plenty of anticipation.

Has there been much change at Balmoor in the summer?

Will head down the road on Saturday without my usual detour over to Ireland to break the journey up. We have changed quite a few players over the summer as well with 5 or 6 coming & going. Were short at the back yesterday & it showed in the first 10 minutes. Would be a nice change to take some points back up the road with us.

I saw enough on Saturday to suggest we will be right there again this season.I would not change our midfield for anybody's in this league,Steven Bell,Ryan Thomson and even a 90 Per cent fit Paul Cairney will dominate plenty of games and 3 proven goalscorers in Malcolm,Longworth And Mcguigan get the lips smackin,also the centre half partnership of Rumsby and Keenan seem to be improving with every game,the only minus is a wide right handed player but hopefully Brian Reid will get it sorted,I am sure the stair park faithful will have plenty to enthuse over this season,and honestly if Paul Cairney plays on Saturday watch him closely,this boy is class.

I saw enough on Saturday to suggest we will be right there again this season.I would not change our midfield for anybody's in this league,Steven Bell,Ryan Thomson and even a 90 Per cent fit Paul Cairney will dominate plenty of games and 3 proven goalscorers in Malcolm,Longworth And Mcguigan get the lips smackin,also the centre half partnership of Rumsby and Keenan seem to be improving with every game,the only minus is a wide right handed player but hopefully Brian Reid will get it sorted,I am sure the stair park faithful will have plenty to enthuse over this season,and honestly if Paul Cairney plays on Saturday watch him closely,this boy is class.

Paul Cairney to start, get injured within the first five minutes and never seen in a Stranraer jersey again. Stranraer then stumble to relegation.

It would be good to take something from this. Hopefully we'll stop being Stranraer's whipping boys.

How the tables have turned! Fair play to Peterhead, much the better side today.

Hoping it's a blip, but we need a few key signings sooner rather than later.

Archived