Scottish Amateur Sunday Trophy 2015/16

Eye Valley

Heard alot of good things about salters, only really watched hillview once against broxburn in scottish last year and imo they shouldve won it, great park up at the donald dewar which should make for a great game, imo winner of this game will beat bullfrog comfortably, they put us out scottish but we had 2 men sent off for some of the worst reffing ive seen or if not it wouldve been a different story imo.

I know they have since beat harvy on penalties but teams have off days and harvy were first to say it.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have two teams, one Saturday and one Sunday - all run together as one club although two completely different sets of players play for each team.

I dont allow my Sunday players to play Saturdays, so no one from Salters Sunday plays Saturday football at all (unless we are really struggling on Saturdays one or two from the Sunday side might help out). No point in them turning up for me on a Sunday knackered or injured from the day before. The boys accept it and stick to it, so happy all round.

We are under no illusions of how hard Sunday will be. We faced similar circunstances down in Dundee a year or so ago - although i dont think Cutty are at the same level as Hillview but it was a very hard place to go with hundreds of people on the sidelines and the "banter...!" from the sidelines that day.

Reading above, its pointless us going through, everyone has Hillview vs Bully already set in stone.

Teams from the east are always written off. Hope yous go on and win this tie. Said from the start I thought your lot would get far. Very well organised team who will be hard for anyone to beat

Heard alot of good things about salters, only really watched hillview once against broxburn in scottish last year and imo they shouldve won it, great park up at the donald dewar which should make for a great game, imo winner of this game will beat bullfrog comfortably, they put us out scottish but we had 2 men sent off for some of the worst reffing ive seen or if not it wouldve been a different story imo.

I know they have since beat harvy on penalties but teams have off days and harvy were first to say it.

We should have Defo one that tie against Broxburn last year mate, goalkeeping howler cost us and with the goal being so late was too late to reply.

It was pretty much the same with harvester the previous year in the quarters where 2 goalkeeping howlers cost us and once again a late goal in the dying minutes to win it. I'm sure that's the year harvester went onto win it beating cranhill.

Looking forward to Sunday where I'm sure a tough game awaits as their are no mugs at this stage of the competition.

What games did you see us in mate?

Seen you rattle that. Mob abt 10 earlier in the Scottish then caught last 30 of the 3-0 beating aff north end mate ... 2 different performances a know m, if youse play like that then house might crash out Sunday mate , best of luck anyway ????????

Seen you rattle that. Mob abt 10 earlier in the Scottish then caught last 30 of the 3-0 beating aff north end mate ... 2 different performances a know m, if youse play like that then house might crash out Sunday mate , best of luck anyway ????????

Northend game was a nightmare for us between boys working,on holiday and no shows from the ufc fight the night before saw us with only 9 men out of a squad of 20 and had to bring in 2 trialists to get 11 bodies on the park not ideal. Started with 10 due to a latecomer and finished way 10 with a boy having to come off lol.

Not surprised you weren't impressed bud!

Be silly to think the next tie will be Bully v Hillview without having beating Salters first! Write Salters off at your own peril can tell you now it will not be an "easy" game for Hillview Salters win cups every season there a team who have been together for a number of years there practically the only sunday team i know who stick with eachother every season without folding or losing players there a tight wee set up and they have good players in the team and there organised they play football like how it should be and there a good bunch of lads aswell not many sunday teams stick together but Salters seem to do it every year wish them all the best for sundays game as they know and Hillview know it will be a hard game for both teams i never had a game i would have loved to have gone through and watched!

2-1 win for us the day against a good Salters team. Salters keeper had a great game and pulled off several great saves in the 1st half or we would've been out of sight.

Yes JP had some cracking saves but our number 17 forced your keeper into 3 tremendous one on one saves which would have put us 3 up in first 10 mins.

Disappointed in our display today (taking nothing away from yourselves) don't think we done ourselves justice but all the best in the next round. Game played in right spirit and thought the ref was tremendous

Yes JP had some cracking saves but our number 17 forced your keeper into 3 tremendous one on one saves which would have put us 3 up in first 10 mins.

Disappointed in our display today (taking nothing away from yourselves) don't think we done ourselves justice but all the best in the next round. Game played in right spirit and thought the ref was tremendous

Aye mate great game played in the right spirit as you say, good old cup tie. Aye ref was very good too which is nice to see.

Aye mate great game played in the right spirit as you say, good old cup tie. Aye ref was very good too which is nice to see.

We had 3 sitters in first 15 minutes. You boys had 3 efforts after that, which JP was at his best to save.

After that it was 50/50 for the rest of it.

Good honest, hard fought game of football. Nothing between the sides, 2-1 fair reflection.

Referee was superb, hats off to the guy - well done referee.

We wish Hillview all the very best going forward. Good guys, good banter, a case of beer for the bus and a round of applause for us leaving the boozer.

Top class.

We had 3 sitters in first 15 minutes. You boys had 3 efforts after that, which JP was at his best to save.

Good honest, hard fought game of football. Nothing between the sides, 2-1 fair reflection.

We wish Hillview all the very best going forward. Good guys, good banter, a case of beer for the bus and a round of applause for us leaving the boozer.

Top class.

Cheers mate all the best to yous too, hope yous go onto lift some silverware this season.

Top class.

Lol thats because you won!! I couldnt see you leaving any boozer in the drum with a case of beer and applause if you just beat the hillview wrecking crew lol

Lol thats because you won!! I couldnt see you leaving any boozer in the drum with a case of beer and applause if you just beat the hillview wrecking crew lol

Lol not true bud, everyone is welcome back to our boozer regardless of result. Just ask the Harvester and Broxburn lads who dumped us out the last 2 years.

Archived