Rob Roy V Dunipace, tomorrow Friday 6.45

RobRoyGuy

Just a heads up we are playing tomorrow night at guys meadow at 6.45 , because Cumbernauld have a game Saturday. Decent weather today, bit of rain tomorrow but dry in afternoon so will be game on. Win for us and we will probably have won the groups setting up what looks like a tasty quarter final with Clydebank. All if's the now i know .

What is the 1/4 final draw RRG ?

Yeah bill we play Clydebank if we both win our groups which looks likely though not certain yet. Would be a midweek game 6.30 kick off. Bit of football still to be played.

Winners of that get home semi final as well.

Yeah bill we play Clydebank if we both win our groups which looks likely though not certain yet. Would be a midweek game 6.30 kick off. Bit of football still to be played.

Winners of that get home semi final as well.

Sorry I meant who'd be at home but it'd be you if you make it through

Not at the game tonight got a wee night out after work, would of struggled to get to it anyway from work Cumbernauld village murder to get to by bus.

Anyway been updated on how it went will be brief.

Rob Roy 3 , (Reece Pearson and Two Gavin MacKie free kicks) V Dunipace 2.

3 wins out of three for us in our section decent going, few changes made tonight from the Cumbernauld game the likes of Carter, Watt, Sawyers Finnigan, Upton, Duff getting a rest giving others the chance to impress.

Good luck to the pace for the season ahead!

Just home from this game and I have to say from a neautral point of view WHAT A MATCH the two of dunipaces goals absolute worldies. Thought rob Roy would stroll this match although the had most of the ball tonight the didn't do very much with it. Have to give a shout out to the dunipace keeper for the save at the corner. The young man had a great game Al tho his time wasting was quite annoying but to be expected for a lower division team playing a super team. Rob Roy didn't have things there own way made to work for the victory and a deflected free kick in the 93rd minute probably well deserved giving the balance of the game but my hat has to go off to dunipace the last ditched tackles and the work effort out them was quality looking a good side. Let's hope the ants and pollok game matches tonight's game.

Ho hum, Dunipace put up a good performance this evening at Guys Meadow and were narrowly beaten 3-2 by the 12 men of Rob Roy.

Shameful performance from the man in yellow who allowed Roy to get away with over the top tackles whilst booking Pace players for non existant fouls and who then gave Roy a free kick about 25 yards out whereupon he was the only person in the ground who thought it was a foul - it was a cleanly won ball by the Pace - which Roy dispatched into the corner of the goals.

0-1 - Kerr with a stunning free kick from about 30 yards out which totally wrongfooted the referee and which was met with stunned silence, I thought he'd missed such was the lack of reaction.
1-1 - Effort towards goal is palmed into the net by the keeper when I think he was trying to knock it over the bar.
2-1 - see the above paragraph.
2-2 - OOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kerr again from about 2ft inside the Roy half, Pace are awarded a free kick, Kelly leaves it for Kerr who spots the keeper off his line and who then proceeded to BELT into the top corner. A cracking effort and already a contender for goal of the season.
3-2 - last minute and in a repeat of their second goal the same player with the same free kick from the same spot wins the game in the last minute. This time the ball took a wicked deflection off someone in the wall.

Gutting for the Pace to lose that but an encouraging performance against a Super league team and the man in their pocket.

Archived