Mountain Goats

Satans_Husband

In advance of the first episode tonight, here're a few handy copy and paste sentences for any reactions:

The pilot (Miller's Mountain) was so bad that I've got no idea how it got a series.

That was cringeworthy from start to finish.

I can't believe I sat through that, won't be watching it again.

Didn't laugh once.

I could only last the first few minutes before turning over.

Is this really all Scottish comedy has to offer?

f**k me, that was utter pish.

Scottish comedy needs to forget this clichéd parochial pish and take more risks like limmy.

Without seeing Mountain Goats, I have no doubt it will be as awful as Bob Servant or Gary, Tank Commander, but the thought of that utter w****r "Limmy" being the saviour of Scottish TV comedy, then Scotland might as well give up attempting to make comedy, unless Ford and Greg, can be persuaded to write more Still Game, then there might be some hope

It was absolutely woeful.

Scottish comedy has been on its arse for years. Even the later episodes of Still Game were shite. Shows like Mountain Goats are proof that BBC Scotland needs a complete overhaul. I actually enjoyed the Desperate Fishwives radio series but it didn't transfer well to TV.

Watching a middle aged woman worry about German tourists being sucked off is mildly amusing once. Repeating the gag a dozen times in the space of a minute is just desperate.

It was absolutely woeful.

Scottish comedy has been on its arse for years. Even the later episodes of Still Game were shite. Shows like Mountain Goats are proof that BBC Scotland needs a complete overhaul. I actually enjoyed the Desperate Fishwives radio series but it didn't transfer well to TV.

Watching a middle aged woman worry about German tourists being sucked off is mildly amusing once. Repeating the gag a dozen times in the space of a minute is just desperate.

the quality of the Still Game later episodes may have been "less than stellar", they will still be a hundred times better than, Mountain Goats will be and Gary, Tank Commander or Bob Servant were

Limmy is marmite but he at least tries to move away from being obvious.

Some of the observational comedy in his vines is top notch.

Would like to see him get a part on a sitcom, genuinely think he's really talented.

This is the important part. The sort of humour in Mountain Goats is tired, unfunny hackneyed pish. You could script this bollocks in a coma.

These types of shows just don't try anything new or different. It's so easy for the folk who work at BBC Scotland to keep comissioning them. It's safe, boring stuff.

Limmy still falls back on the Glasgow patter pish, stuff like that Dee Dee junkie fae Glasgow stuff.

It's all relative. Compared to the previously mentioned Gary Tank Commander, Bob Servant and Mountain Goats, Limmy is a genius.

I assume the Beeb are trying for a Blackadder/Only Fools and Horses moment. Going for the 1 in a 100 shot.

Archived