St Johnstone FC versus Motherwell FC

Despite three losses on the bounce, Im not too worried about this. Aye it will be a close game, but there was some encouraging signs in the Aberdeen game and reckon it will be a draw.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a big game for us and one from which we have to take something. Like last season we are conceding far too many soft goals. Saints will prove a far different test to anything we've met so far this season. It could go either way.

Hope Motherwell horse the saintees here tbh. Purely for charitable reasons you understand.

Yeah. Tha't good and all that, but no horsey type pics?

Bit disappointed tbh.

Goals, goals and goals. Our defence is soft as shite and Motherwells keeper looks awful.

Hopefully have Swanson for this, although probably not. More hopefully we dont pick up any injuries beforehand and can settle the team down a bit.

Interested to see what Bara does here. He (rightly) seemed pissed off at our defending in his post-match interview yesterday, question is whether or not he goes and makes some changes or whether he sticks with the same back 4 and hopes they get it right.

So far 5 of the 6 goals we've conceded this season have been at best avoidable, at worst amateur. We've got a few players who, being polite, are struggling for form so while I don't expect wholesale changes I'm curious to see whether or not we make at least a couple.

Similarly will be interesting to see who gets the nod if Fletcher's fit again and what sort of impact that has on McDonald's role given the manager said he'd pushed him further forward yesterday as Moult's style works better as part of a 2.

If we cut out the cheap goals we've every chance of winning this one.

Edit: actually, make that 6 of the 6 goals we've conceded have been soft.

If we can match our last couple of performances (and the final 30 minutes against ICT) then I'll be happy enough as the results will come in time I hope. As it sounds with Motherwell, we are guilty of losing cheap goals but you have to believe that we can cut that out given our record in that area over the past five seasons.

Our start has been fairly similar to 2012/13 in my eyes, where folk were panicking when there wasn't really a need for it based on how we were playing.

Its a soulless, windy, shell with pies that sell out after ten minutes as we only order 20.

You'll still come though, ken.

You Perth Saints been looking after Handsome John?

1-1 Draw. Louis Laing with both.

He's had his moments, but will possibly be on the bench for this one.

Not sure if I'm gonna make this getting from strathaven to Perth in an hour 15 may be pushing it. Stupid work.

Like posted above hopefully we cut out the stupid mistakes and McDonald should be more match fit which should help. If I make it I'm looking forward to seeing Moult and Taylor since I've missed the last two games.

Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up 1-1.

Not sure if I'm gonna make this getting from strathaven to Perth in an hour 15 may be pushing it. Stupid work.

Like posted above hopefully we cut out the stupid mistakes and McDonald should be more match fit which should help. If I make it I'm looking forward to seeing Moult and Taylor since I've missed the last two games.

Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up 1-1.

We concede in first twenty minutes and equalise with 3 to go.

Be interesting to see the back line for this. If Wright isn't back at centre half, it probably indicates he's barely going to feature this season. Think MacKay will stay as one of the centre half, it's a case of who partners him. Midfield 4 pick themselves and Cummins is surely a certainty.

Mannus

Joe MacKay Mckay Easton

O'Hallaron Davidson Millar Craig

Cummins Sutton

....would be my preference, but unlikely Wotherspoon, MacLean and Scobbie will all misplace those incriminating pictures.

As much as I'd like to see a change at right back I think we'll more than likely go with the same XI as Saturday. Think Moult will at start even if Fletcher is fit, only other question is whether or not we bring in a new central midfielder this week since going by the manager's press conferences last week it'd appear we're still in the market for players.

As I said, as poor as Johnson was on Saturday and as anonymous as Taylor was I don't see wholesale changes but we really, really need to address the fact that at the moment we're weak at right back with Josh Law playing there. Something like the below would be fine with me:

Ripley

Kennedy - Laing - McManus - Hammell

Ainsworth - Lasley - Taylor - Johnson

McDonald - Moult

Archived