Arbroath vs Queens Park

big improvement needed next week. Anyone know how long Wilson in suspended for?terrible against Elgin and Hearts but we need Little at CB alongside Munro I think. Hay and Munro too slow to play alongside each other and I personally prefer Munro. Stoney in for Lowdon, and can we please just play 442?go back to basics because I do not like 451, especially at home. I'd go

Fleming

Wilson/Little

Little/Hay

Munro

Johnstone

Linn

Stewart

Cecilia/Whatley(if fit)

Reid

Grehan

Ryan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still don't get "stoney in for lowden". Every thread someone says this. Thought lowden was the only player getting stuck in yesterday. Need little at CB, not a fan of hay, munros passing was fucking horrendous but he is very good in the air.

Linn and ramsay on the wings with coult or grehan alongside ryan.

One upfront just doesn't work

Arbroath don't look a bad side on paper and their horrific run will have to come to an end some time. I'm wary of being overly optimistic, despite a fantastic result for us on the road yesterday. We still need someone who is going to sniff us out a few more goals if we're going to pick up good results on a regular basis. Without trying to sound entirely cliched, the first goal in the game will be absolutely crucial. I think we're solid enough that we'd be difficult to break down if we nicked ahead. On the other side, if Arbroath get in front, they'll get a big lift and we're still struggling with the lack of a goalscorer. Should be a really interesting contest.

Do we still persevere with little at rb until whately fit?

Id say so, like I said earlier I just want to see us play together and fight together as a team, nobody seems to know what everyone's supposed to be doing, I don't think it's the players ability, they players should 100 percent not be getting these results. Montrose looked like a team, they all fought for each other and they had a good idea of what they were wanting to do to win that game. They played it simple, mixed it up with us, won the second ball and got the ball up the park quickly. They looked like a unit, we were a team of individuals.

The positives for me yesterday were Ramsay and Ryan. Ramsay done a lot more and Ryan is a lightning quick striker with a fair bit of experience at a higher level.

Read that lumsden has given up on signing El zubaidi on loan. The loan system really didn't work for us last season but I've got a feeling that Ramsey and Ryan are going to do well. Ryan's pace looks like it could cause problems but I doubt he could play up top on his own because it doesn't suit his game. Play grehan up top with him and I think we'll have a decent forward line. Grehan holding it up and linking with the midfield who will feed Ryan running the channels with his pace. Ramsey looks very technically gifted and looks like he could cause damage with his range of passing and also from what I heard he can take a goal also. Obviously there's more worrying issues at the back which need sorted but let's see if these two can lift the team.

After the midweek drama it's back to the bread and butter. Or should that be fish and chips?

3 weeks ago the early fixtures looked a bit daunting but after pummeling Annan to defeat, waltzing past Clyde and standing tall to Dumbarton I'm more confident about this fixture. Despite the Private Frazer-esque mood from the Lichties no team has gotten their rhythm yet and it's just as likely you'll get yours back and we have a wee stutter after our tough week. As always I expect a tight match at Gayfield and probably a few goals on this occasion. And wind.

8-5 to the Queen's :thumsup2

Whatley might be back according to the Courier..

Fleming (despite conceding so many goals he has worryingly been very decent)

Little

Hay

Munro

Lowdon

Linn

Stewart

Whatley/If not Whatley then not Clarke, too slow from the start, use him for shoring games up if needed

Ramsay (although really want Reid to get more of a chance)

Ryan

Grehan

Aye, definitely more confident about this one that I was a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully the wind won't be too bad and disrupt our silky socca.

Arbroath will come good eventually, but hopefully it won't be this week. Mortimer did enough on Tuesday to merit another chance up front, I reckon, but Carter was superb when he came on. Hard to see what the best course of action is here. Persevere with the youngster and bring in the more experienced Carter or even Galt? Hey, it's great to have options.....but one of them has to start scoring goals.

We do seem to have gathered a good squad. the bench on Tuesday was as good as I can remember for a while. Gibson, Wharton and Baty again at the back? Probably.

Buzzin' for this one - Tutties, steak and black pudding pies (2 of), three points.....bring it on.

Absolutely delighted that Arbroath are playing Ricky Little at right back. One of the best lower league centre halfs in the last few years, and you play him right back. Nice one Todd.

Absolutely delighted that Arbroath are playing Ricky Little at right back. One of the best lower league centre halfs in the last few years, and you play him right back. Nice one Todd.

Our only option at the moment, unless Whatley returns from injury.

Archived