Raith v Alloa

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we have Stenny on Tuesday but this is the real game for us to bounce back, I'd drop Anderson & start Davo to free up Craigen to move on further forward.

Really important for us to keep the clean sheet, and bang a few. I'll go stick my neck out and say 3-0.

(Stewart will obviously miss another absolute sitter haha!)

I'll go for 2-2 there's definitely goals in this Alloa team and going forward we pass the ball around well but when the opposition has the ball is when we struggle and we need to start being tighter as a defensive unit if we want to stop conceding goals and chances.

Crawford

McAusland
Marr
Hill
Hamilton

Holmes
O'Brien
Hetherington
Duffy

Chopra
Mitchell

I know we have Stenny on Tuesday but this is the real game for us to bounce back, I'd drop Anderson & start Davo to free up Craigen to move on further forward.

Really important for us to keep the clean sheet, and bang a few. I'll go stick my neck out and say 3-0.

(Stewart will obviously miss another absolute sitter haha!)

I reckon Tuesday might have an bearing on how we then set up for this one. Davidson and Petrie will both play against Stenny and I would then have 1 of them starting next week. McCord struggles in a midfield 2 and someone sitting behind him would really allow him to move further forward as well as Craigan. I'd put Megginson wide left and stick with Anderson as there's really not any other option on the right. I'd probably drop Wighton unless he gets a confidence building goal on Tuesday.

How's wee Ryan been looking so far? He seemed perhaps a bit tired and out of condition last season, but I've been figuring that he'd do much better this year with a fresh start (and presumably more time to devote to training).

How's wee Ryan been looking so far? He seemed perhaps a bit tired and out of condition last season, but I've been figuring that he'd do much better this year with a fresh start (and presumably more time to devote to training).

Hes been excellent in some games. Hes been awful in others. It looks like hes still trying to get match fit yet..

Hes been excellent in some games. Hes been awful in others. It looks like hes still trying to get match fit yet..

The only time he was really fit was under Hartley.

I quite like McCord but he seems to split opinions amongst our fans. Certainly from the games I've seen him play in he's always looking for the ball and getting involved and I've not came away from a game thinking he was 'awful'. McKinnon's quote to describe McCord is "he's been working hard in the gym to change his body", heard him say that a few times now.

Would like to think we have enough quality to win this game but I'll probably feel a bit more confident if we can get back to winning ways tomorrow away to Stenny.

Also, mind wear your new home tops on Saturday to enter the draw to have your season ticket refunded or get entry for free for the rest of the season if you're not a season ticket holder.

He'll be an absolute cracker for you if Murray can get his fitness and stamina levels up; wouldn't look out of place at any side in this league when he's on form. I suppose he's nobody to blame but himself if it doesn't happen.

I quite like McCord but he seems to split opinions amongst our fans. Certainly from the games I've seen him play in he's always looking for the ball and getting involved and I've not came away from a game thinking he was 'awful'. McKinnon's quote to describe McCord is "he's been working hard in the gym to change his body", heard him say that a few times now.

Would like to think we have enough quality to win this game but I'll probably feel a bit more confident if we can get back to winning ways tomorrow away to Stenny.

Also, mind wear your new home tops on Saturday to enter the draw to have your season ticket refunded or get entry for free for the rest of the season if you're not a season ticket holder.

Yeah I've got to admit, I don't understand the fans that don't like McCord, I think he's a class act, does the dirty work, and he can pick a great pass with both feet. Ok he's no fully match fit, but this is the first time he's been full-time, give him another month and I think you'll find he'll probably sit slightly further forward also.

As for the Home top - season ticket thing, how is that going to work? Will you be given a raffle ticket outside the ticket office or at the turnstiles?

I'm going to the Stenny game tomorrow night, hopefully get a good performance and solid win under our belt so we're raring to go on Saturday!

You won't be coming to the match then?

Tis a pity as I would have bought you a pint.

Never at the away games due to work and family commitments, sadly.

Will stand you a pint if you're in town next time, however. Just no moaning about the seasoning :P

I thought McCord was patchy in the friendlies but he was fine against Albion and had a good game against Livingston.

Against lesser opposition such as these two he's looked decent on the ball and can pick a pass but he's terribly slow right now for someone in the engine room which is due to lack of fitness I would presume and can't tackle to go along with that. That has shown against better midfielders in teams such as dundee's, hearts and even at Falkirk on Saturday. Having Davo in there doing the dirty work with hopefully free him up to start pulling the strings along with craigen.

I think against certain teams McCord can play in a midfield 2 but against the fitter and better full time sides I think having that extra midfielder, such as Davo, in beside him would do the world of good.

I really don't get any anti-McCord feelings. He's a classy footballer and maybe because he doesn't bomb around the pitch throwing himself into tackles some fans think he doesn't do anything.

We've got a number of players who have come from part time to full time or have been not getting a game and it will still take 2 months before we have a team settled and used to how each other play.

It'll be interesting to see how Alloa are this weekend and if Danny Lennon has them playing a bit better football. I'm still more than optimistic at getting a good result and a 2 or 3 nil would be a good response to the Falkirk defeat.

Archived