St Johnstone 5-2 Livingston (26th April 2008)

craigkillie

Can anyone who was at this game confirm who scored Livingston's first goal? Most places have it down as Steven Weir, but I have seen it reported as Leigh Griffiths in a couple of sources.

I make it that Saturday's goal was Griffiths' 99th in Scottish league football, but if he scored that one for Livi then Saturday's would be his 100th.

From what i've seen on the official website the goal is credited to Pesir, Cant mind much of the game though.

The date is different though

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/matchdaydetail.php?param=109

That's a different 5-2 win, weirdly enough. This game doesn't have a report on your official website for whatever reason.

The unofficial Saints site which ran at the time credits the goals to Griffiths and Davidson. That's what Soccerbase says too and I'm fairly certain that's right.

Do you have Griffiths down for the first?

It was definitely Griffiths I remember the game now I think about it.

Pretty decent game as well. For whatever reason I was in the Main stand which is why I remember it. Cause it's one of about 5 occasions ever.

I can't even remember this match :huh:

I remember the first 5-2 one, but it's as if I've erased this game entirely from my memory.

Yeah same here, I've a sneaky feeling I missed the game.

The unofficial Saints site which ran at the time credits the goals to Griffiths and Davidson. That's what Soccerbase says too and I'm fairly certain that's right. Do you have Griffiths down for the first?

Aye, it was the first goal I was interested in - made an error in my original post. There was agreement across everything I looked at that Davidson scored the second, but some places had Weir for the first and others had Griffiths.

I even found the P&B thread from the game, but there was no mention of any goalscorers on it. Looks like it probably was Griffiths given the various sources given here, which would mean he reached his century of league goals on Saturday (despite me having just written something for the SPFL saying it was 99).

Soccerbase has lived up to its usual reputation of being absolutely useless for this sort of research. They had one of his Livi goals missing from his record completely (even though the match summary on the site credited him with it), and they gave another one of his Livingston goals to Danny Griffin, despite everywhere else saying it was Griffiths. Even John Litster's A-Z disc of post-war footballers has a bit of an error in it too, because it credits him with scoring 1 goals from 0 appearances for Livi in Division 3, despite him having joined Dundee in the June of that season. This is exactly why I'm about to begin the (incredibly lengthy) process of combining various sources to get my own independent record for each player.

Here's what I think I've deciphered as being Griffiths' league record in Scotland so far.

2006/07 - Livingston: 2 (2) apps, 1 goal

2007/08 - Livingston: 13 (4) apps, 5 goals

2008/09 - Livingston: 25 (2) apps, 18 goals

2009/10 - Dundee: 24 (5) apps, 13 goals

2010/11 - Dundee: 18 (0) apps, 8 goals

2010/11 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (ENG)

2011/12 - Hibernian: 24 (6) apps, 8 goals

2012/13 - Hibernian: 36 (0) apps, 23 goals

2013/14 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (ENG)

2013/14 - Celtic: 11 (2) apps, 7 goals

2014/15 - Celtic: 14 (10) apps, 14 goals

2015/16 - Celtic: 4 (0) apps, 3 goals