Alloa v Elgin

BigMartyn86

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear we will be the most expensive game of the round :(

It's not exactly going to bring anyone through the door at those prices. I mean realistically your definitely not looking at much travelling from Elgin anyway midweek and the price will probably put a few more off. No neutrals will pay that and a few regulars I would assume won't either. Once again I would say it's an opportunity missed by Mike.

£16!?

I'm heading down but, not exactly encouraging people to attend are you? Diddy cup and all that - why not very cheap to try to encourage fans - and I mean locals more than those travelling. If you're mad enough to go 340 odd miles round trip midweek a couple of extra quid will make little difference - maybe no pie for me! I take it your season tickets won't be valid either?

Away win. (Hey - it's a long way, at least let me travel with optimism!)

£16!?

I'm heading down but, not exactly encouraging people to attend are you? Diddy cup and all that - why not very cheap to try to encourage fans - and I mean locals more than those travelling. If you're mad enough to go 340 odd miles round trip midweek a couple of extra quid will make little difference - maybe no pie for me! I take it your season tickets won't be valid either?

Nope we're all having to pay for this one. If it's any consolation our catering is cheap

I won't be at this one either. August's been a shite month :(

Hopefully Big Geoff can use this game as a platform to launch his season. Hope it's a good one for everyone paying their £16...OYF :wacko:

£50 would have been a fair price for admission to the Church of Chopra.

Expecting a tough game tonight with Elgin starting the season strongly. Weir seems to have made a real difference.

A win would give us a much needed boost ahead of two league games where we are capable of picking up points.

Looks like just about an entirely different Alloa lineup from the one that played Rangers. Whereas Elgin have their first team.

Can't understand why the charge is £16. Alloa always struck me as a pretty sensibly run club, and it's not like they're desperate for cash are they??

That's not going to go down well. Seems like a lot of folk are hoping to get some stability. Also puts into question DL's claim that he'd be taking the Petrofac seriously.

I've sort of defended the club with the high pricing in the past, but this is a really weird one. Surely won't be a great crowd as a result. I know that clubs sometimes have their hands tied over prices; maybe someone less ignorant can explain if that's the case here.

Going by @AlloaWasps, it seems like we've had all the play, but Elgin started getting a chance or two towards the end of the half. 0-0 HT.

Eek.

According to BBC stats, Elgin haven't had a shot in 1st half! Alloa 5 shots 3 on target

Had a penalty shout right at the death, and a cross-cum-shot fizz along the face of goal, apparently. All us apart from that.

I'd be amazed if the Beeb had anyone at the game tonight :lol:

Archived