Fear

Roland B

What's your biggest fear?

For me it's heights, I can't abide being more than 50ft in the air and looking down (aeroplanes excepted) . Looking down from around that height gives me genuine fear although I realise I'm as likely to die from a fall of 30ft....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost drowned once when I was a wean - nothing peaceful about it, it was terrifying and painful.

Mine is seeing something so unfathomably alien and unnatural that its existence drives me insane. Spiders are about as close to that as I've seen in reality so far.

I don't know why anyone would be afraid of death. It's just depressing, not scary.

Well, unless you think you're burning in hell, I suppose.

If I was handed the choice tomorrow, die a painful death at 50 years old or be immortal, I'd be dead in 2038.

Pretty sure we have people who can arrange at least one of those things.

I don't know why anyone would be afraid of death. It's just depressing, not scary.

Well, unless you think you're burning in hell, I suppose.

It's scary because it's so depressing. The idea of never seeing your friends or family again, never doing the things you love to do, just nothing forever... that's pretty terrible.

Moths are worse though. Horrible creatures, as far as I'm concerned they're proof that god doesn't exist.

It's scary because it's so depressing. The idea of never seeing your friends or family again, never doing the things you love to do, just nothing forever... that's pretty terrible.

Moths are worse though. Horrible creatures, as far as I'm concerned they're proof that god doesn't exist.

Moths, daddy-longlegs, toads, frogs and octopuses are all hellspawn.

Imagine you were sleeping and your mate decided wake you up by putting a live octopus on your face for a laugh. I think I would kill myself tbh.

You wouldn't be aware of it, though, if you assume your consciousness just ends. That's actually quite a comforting thought for me. Conscious awareness with no stimuli for eternity actually sounds like hell, but it's hard to imagine how or why that could possibly ever be a thing.

Moths, daddy-longlegs, toads, frogs and octopuses are all hellspawn.

Imagine you were sleeping and your mate decided wake you up by putting a live octopus on your face for a laugh. I think I would kill myself tbh.

I think I would prefer that to spending more than 30 seconds in an enclosed space with a moth flying about.

Archived