Queens Vs Morton

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A point at home against a team we should be beating not good enough 2 terrible defensive goals lost! First half terrible 2nd half a different team.

Still dont think the manager knows his best 11.

Brownlie for me out his depth. Conroy & Harris aint centre midfielders. Keeper hard nowt to do but still dont think his distribution is good enough. Nae confidence in him.

This Thomson bashing continues, even though the guy hasn't put a foot wrong. Bizarre. Starting to think Atkinson's pals post on here.

If Millar started in place of Harris I'd have been confident of a win. The formation was right, the personnel wasn't. Harris tried, but he's not a CM.

I'm glad of the point, because I reckon it's the last one we'll receive for a while!

Dowie MOTM :lol: :lol: FWIW I thought Oliver was the clear standout for us.

I thought that was a really entertaining game of football. I don't think we are in a position currently to say we "should be beating Morton" and having fallen behind twice I think a point is a pretty good result in the circumstances. We created enough chances to win the match, but Morton had their share of chances as well and the inside of the post saved us with the last kick of the game so a draw is probably a fair result.

I really like the look of the attacking trio of Lyle, Oliver and Harris, once they develop a better understanding I can see the pace of the two new youngsters along with the guile of Lyle paying dividends. The formation today encouraged Conroy to roam freely about the pitch which was good because he tends to do that anyway, at least in this role he doesn't leave us short elsewhere. I thought Jacobs did the dirty work in midfield well and won an amazing amount of headers for a small guy. Kidd did well and was harshly hooked, I think we lost a bit of shape once he went off. Marshall continues to impress, and Thomson didn't have an awful lot to do again. I'm sure our fans will find a way to blame him for both the goals somehow.

I'm not going to dwell on the negatives because I'm sure they will be well covered by the others, but once again our defence have gift wrapped two goals. I like the look of Brownlie, as you'd expect from a young player he has some rough edges that need ironing out. His style of play reminds me a lot of Durnan but unlike the man he replaced he doesn't have the opportunity to bed himself in in the seaside league. He should have done better for the second goal and I'm sure he knows that. He could also do with improving his passing. Overall though I think he looks promising.

What you can't account for his two experienced, and usually dependable, players having a meltdown. Dowie looked ropey against St Mirren and was all over the place again today. The majority of the blame for the opener probably falls on him, but I'm sure Higgins had other options rather then firing it into his own goal. Embarrassing once again.

Having set my expectations ridiculously low based on the matches I have been to this season my main hope today was to see us put in a reasonable performance and show something of a goal threat, both of which where achieved I think. Obviously I'm not entirely happy with how today went but I saw enough positives to not be too concerned.

I thought that was a really entertaining game of football. I don't think we are in a position currently to say we "should be beating Morton" and having fallen behind twice I think a point is a pretty good result in the circumstances. We created enough chances to win the match, but Morton had their share of chances as well and the inside of the post saved us with the last kick of the game so a draw is probably a fair result.

I really like the look of the attacking trio of Lyle, Oliver and Harris, once they develop a better understanding I can see the pace of the two new youngsters along with the guile of Lyle paying dividends. The formation today encouraged Conroy to roam freely about the pitch which was good because he tends to do that anyway, at least in this role he doesn't leave us short elsewhere. I thought Jacobs did the dirty work in midfield well and won an amazing amount of headers for a small guy. Kidd did well and was harshly hooked, I think we lost a bit of shape once he went off. Marshall continues to impress, and Thomson didn't have an awful lot to do again. I'm sure our fans will find a way to blame him for both the goals somehow.

I'm not going to dwell on the negatives because I'm sure they will be well covered by the others, but once again our defence have gift wrapped two goals. I like the look of Brownlie, as you'd expect from a young player he has some rough edges that need ironing out. His style of play reminds me a lot of Durnan but unlike the man he replaced he doesn't have the opportunity to bed himself in in the seaside league. He should have done better for the second goal and I'm sure he knows that. He could also do with improving his passing. Overall though I think he looks promising.

What you can't account for his two experienced, and usually dependable, players having a meltdown. Dowie looked ropey against St Mirren and was all over the place again today. The majority of the blame for the opener probably falls on him, but I'm sure Higgins had other options rather then firing it into his own goal. Embarrassing once again.

Having set my expectations ridiculously low based on the matches I have been to this season my main hope today was to see us put in a reasonable performance and show something of a goal threat, both of which where achieved I think. Obviously I'm not entirely happy with how today went but I saw enough positives to not be too concerned.

This. Thats 4 goals, pretty much, gifted in the last three games. If we can cut that side out we'll do ok. First half today, in particular, was sloppy. Too many misplaced passes giving possession away.

Overall, I thought we were the better side, but we didnt do enough to deserve to win the game and Morton certainly played well enough to deserve at least a point. Although, had the last shot gone in I think it would have been harsh on us.

Harris and Oliver looked lively. Thought the defence were mince today. Very poor errors costing us again. Next week will be even tougher so need to cut them out. Dowser really struggling just now.

Conroy not fit enough to roam, Brownlie not good enough, get Harris wide right sign an emergency right back, play 442 we will do fine

Team

Atkinson

Loanee dowie higgins marshall

Harris Millar Jacobs conroy/Russell

Lyle Oliver

Quite enjoyed that, good game.

We were the much better team in the first half and Queens' goal right on half time was harsh on us. Our first goal, what was Higgins playing at? :lol:

Second half we just didn't come out the dressing room, Queens completely dominated for the first 20/25 mins of the second half. We started to come back into the game and scored a good goal on the break, great run by McCluskey and Denny couldn't miss. Thought the foul for the Queens free kick that lead to the goal was soft, looked like he poked the ball from where I was but hey ho. Poor by Luca to head it towards his own goal but I can't slate him it's the only thing he done wrong all game.

Feels like two points dropped after being ahead twice and hitting the post with the last kick of the ball but I would've taken a point before the game.

Big game against Motherwell on Tuesday now!

Was it not Brownlie, rather than Dowie that forced Higgins into the own goal?

Surprised to see rave reviews for Jacobs whose passing was really sloppy and Oliver, to whom the ball only stuck when he was getting it stuck under his feet.

I actually thought it was a decent game, but we were chaotic at the back in the first half.

We were on top in the second half before they got up the park and scored, so that was a blow.

Marshall had another good game and I thought Kidd was doing well.

When Millar came on, he did what he tends to - nearly do some brilliant things, but not quite manage.

I suppose we've stopped the rot, but I fear that we'll spend this season with an eye on steering clear of relegation, rather than harbouring any real aspirations towards the play-offs.

Conroy not fit enough to roam, Brownlie not good enough, get Harris wide right sign an emergency right back, play 442 we will do fine

Team

Atkinson

Loanee dowie higgins marshall

Harris Millar Jacobs conroy/Russell

Lyle Oliver

Wtf. Brownlie will get better and better. And why in earth does robbie Thomson deserve to be dropped and dowie staying in the team ?

Archived