Cowdenbeath v forfar

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A return to my most hated Scottish football ground of all this weekend . Hopefully see an away win and swankie returning to the line up. How are Cowdenbeath shaping up early on this season ? Also do the stock cars still race after the game ?

Nobody will care, everyone's in hospitality ???? ????

A return to my most hated Scottish football ground of all this weekend . Hopefully see an away win and swankie returning to the line up. How are Cowdenbeath shaping up early on this season ? Also do the stock cars still race after the game ?

Nah we've starting racing them during games to liven things up.

Seen far too many desperate performances at Cowden to be confident here. No surprise Campbell struggled at Championship but he's decent at this level whilst TOB has been very solid so far.

Hopefully get Swankie back on the pitch this week and be near enough back to full strength.

Shut your mouth, I won the 50/50 here in 94/95. £83 Stayed in Knowle (near Birmingham) at the time, so paid for the petrol, we chuffed. Never paid to get in either as I had comp :thumsup2

I don't think we won that day, like many at Central.

Actually don't mind Central Park, bit far away from pitch but better than sitting in a half empty stadium like Airdrie and Dunfermline.

If we go by that Cowdenbeath has a 4309 capacity, and say get a crowd of 300, while Dunfermline has a stadium capacity of 11308 while getting crowds of about 3000, what stadium is "fuller"?

I don't disagree with your original point, I quite like Central Park and Cowdenbeath as an away day in general, but your reasoning is pretty naff.

If we go by that Cowdenbeath has a 4309 capacity, and say get a crowd of 300, while Dunfermline has a stadium capacity of 11308 while getting crowds of about 3000, what stadium is "fuller"?

I don't disagree with your original point, I quite like Central Park and Cowdenbeath as an away day in general, but your reasoning is pretty naff.

Ever been to Hampden with a 10000-15000 crowd. It's terrible,

Not really fussed what stadium is fuller, just prefer being to walk around a watch the game where I want, enjoy some banter with the home fans, rather than sitting in a eerie, empty stadium with no atmosphere.

Not really fussed what stadium is fuller, just prefer being to walk around a watch the game where I want, enjoy some banter with the home fans, rather than sitting in a eerie, empty stadium with no atmosphere.

Said this before on here, but it's too easy to have a pop at CP just because of its ramshackle appearance. It's different, quirky and has character, which is more than I could say about many Scottish football stadia. In the past couple of seasons, I've visited, Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Livingston, Hamilton to name a few and they're all the same. Soul-less, Ikea flat pack structures with one or more un-used stands.

Said this before on here, but it's too easy to have a pop at CP just because of its ramshackle appearance. It's different, quirky and has character, which is more than I could say about many Scottish football stadia. In the past couple of seasons, I've visited, Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk, Airdrie, Dumbarton, Livingston, Hamilton to name a few and they're all the same. Soul-less, Ikea flat pack structures with one or more un-used stands.

I know what you are saying pal, but central is soulless aswell. Even when full against rangers, hearts and hibs there is zero atmosphere unless the wee old stand is singing. To have no covered terracing is about as sh1t as it gets, especially when it's so far from the pitch with a big fence in the way.

I know what you are saying pal, but central is soulless aswell. Even when full against rangers, hearts and hibs there is zero atmosphere unless the wee old stand is singing. To have no covered terracing is about as sh1t as it gets, especially when it's so far from the pitch with a big fence in the way.

Agree with this. CP is a terrible place to watch football. No point in denying it.

Awful memories of Central Park I'm afraid. In 2003 I visited the ground with a mate of mine from Newcastle having driven up from England to watch the Loons. Ratts had an absolute mare of a game - gave away a penalty (which was duly dispatched); poked the ball past Michael Brown for Cowden's 2nd; had an altercation with George Shaw and then, got sent off for a ridiculous challenge!

Colin Hodge got a goal back for us and then, Paul Tosh (when he was on it, by f**k he was ON IT) headed in an injury time equaliser. The Forfar fans present that day went mental at that stage. Whilst going 'mental' (leaping about, cheering and punching the air as Tosher ran towards us) some opportunist 'beath supporter decided to try and jump me and knocked me to the ground. My Geordie mate hauled me off the ground and wisely held me back as I attempted to run after the Usain Boltesque Fifer - the word "soap" had allegedly been uttered as I got up.To the eternal credit of the other Cowden fans present they acknowledged that the individual in question was indeed a fanny.

Guest bernardblack

Wouldn't rush Captain Fantastic back for this one.

Without sounding cocky, we should have enough to beat Cowden.

On the ground debate, I love Central Park. One of a kind.

Archived