Clyde v Berwick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde looked comfortable for about an hour then we came into it more when we started playing it round.

A bit more desire in the latter stages could have seen us go for the win but then Clyde were just trying to counter.

Didn't realise how much of a hoof long ball team Clyde are or was it just today?

Cameron again looked disinterested and stood there like a mannequin for near enough all game.

It's obvious Laverys best position is up top so why not play him there?

firstly thought draw was fair result we need a striker who can put the ball away Gormley and Campbell work hard but with no end product bolo has scored double the goals they have put together:) and please nobody say they aren't getting chances or they are not playing in the correct position Campbell has had numerous chances and continually hits the goalkeeper strange substitution taking marsh off

Some laugh. Making Scott McLaughlin captain disappointed me through the week. If Ferguson feels obliged to save face by having him in the side each week that will be to the detriment of the club and its fate on the field.

Having experience like Mark McLaughlin and Hugh Murray on the bench is galling, too. Stevie Hughes's non-signing is a bigger worry, given our weaknesses.

We will fall short of our aspirations if we persist with once novel and now predictable tactics. Campbell has to catch fire soon or we'll have to look into another option. If not to supplant him then Gormley.

thought we looked comfortable first half if Campbell scores we win game easily we just didn't get started second half although we did create couple of chances all in draw was a fair result the substitutions changed the game Berwick number 14 played well and taking marsh off lost us any physicality in the middle of the park

Who would have thought it? Clyde struggling to cope with Berwick at "home". You guys should be in the top div given all the resources at your disposal and huge fan base. Utter travesty innit.

You're an absolute mess :lol: Two posts since your team won 4-1 to go top of the league and they're both about Clyde.

On the game today, I thought we were really poor all over the pitch. Easily our worst performance since we last played Elgin last March. Not much you can really do when so many players have off days. I would just about give Smith and Gibson pass marks but the rest were summed up by Linton skying two hopeless crosses over everyone's head, or by Marsh's hilarious pass-back that managed to bounce on top of the cross bar three times.

I could perfectly understand the substitution; in fact I called it 5 minutes before. Drop Higgins deeper and try to get him to keep the ball a bit, get Campbell to have a go on the other side. There wasn't a physical battle to win in midfield and Marsh wasn't getting anywhere near Higgins. I'd have also brought Brisbane on; the passing today was off and our best chance of a goal was getting ball carriers onto the pitch. The disappointment for me is that we only got Ferguson the ball once (he ended up beating a man and creating space) as I thought he looked on it during the warm-up. You wonder how good the new Higgins is when he can't get on the pitch on a day where Campbell/Gormley are that poor.

Berwick were rubbish as well; lots of absolutely pointless passing and the number 11 looked like he'd snuck onto the team bus and been surprised with a jersey. Hope Beveridge is okay. They more than deserved a point though and I'm happy for their supporters to say we're the worst team they've played.

Archived