Hospitality

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all went in the bin ????

I'm sure with a bit of effort u could of found somewhere local that would of took the food. Would of been a nice gesture and maybe even a couple photos etc could of made it into the local rag for more exposure.

I'm sure with a bit of effort u could of found somewhere local that would of took the food. Would of been a nice gesture and maybe even a couple photos etc could of made it into the local rag for more exposure.

Now here we have a point for sure .

A bit of local spirit and you dish your left overs out to the local boozers and its people and everyone's a winner .:)

It's not always like that in the juniors. You done the right thing putting on the hospitality. The other side of the coin is that we had Dufftown down at Brig O'Lea in the last round and despite facing a long journey home they stayed and enjoyed our hospitality and although they were the visiting team they were very generous to us.

Now here we have a point for sure .

A bit of local spirit and you dish your left overs out to the local boozers and its people and everyone's a winner .:)

IIRC Beith have done similar with postponed games handing to local old folks homes.

Although you will know better than me on that Hertha.

Shocking!!

Aye I know, someone in Lanarkshire having £150 to spend, miracles will never cease.

Shocking,played in a 5th round Scottish cup tie few years ago and beat the team at home,our whole team sat in there social club all night for free by order of there committe

Now that's hospitality especially after getting beat. What team was it?

Only on P&B could a situation like this be turned against Gartcairn.

Hermes showed bad manners and most clubs would have moaned if nothing was laid on after such a long trip.

Gartcairn are the victims here but still they get roasted on here. Unbelievable, Jeff!

Hermes showed bad manners and most clubs would have moaned if nothing was laid on after such a long trip.

Gartcairn are the victims here but still they get roasted on here. Unbelievable, Jeff!

they haven't been roasted at all. The guy is suggesting a use for the food. No need to be stirring.

I'm not roasting Gartcairn. I agreed with someone who said maybe this wasn't the best forum to bring it up and that surely a phone call to Hermes would of been better. And If you wanted to highlight the fact what better way than to get a few pictures of yourself handing the food over to local care homes or homeless hostels. This way you would get exposure locally in the press and maybe even the national press if your lucky. Opportunity missed. Plus it would reinforce the community club ethos of Gartcairn. Im sure I will be corrected if wrong but I think the original poster is a committee man so I found it quite surprising this was the place chosen to ask the question. I also thought that anybody involved at any level of football kinda knows the done thing at a scottish cup game is to offer some sort of hospitality to the visitors?

Forgot to say I do agree very very bad manners from Hermes. If they wanted a quick exit to make the long journey home only manners for one committee man to relay that message, thanks but no thanks.

I'm not roasting Gartcairn. I agreed with someone who said maybe this wasn't the best forum to bring it up and that surely a phone call to Hermes would of been better. And If you wanted to highlight the fact what better way than to get a few pictures of yourself handing the food over to local care homes or homeless hostels. This way you would get exposure locally in the press and maybe even the national press if your lucky. Opportunity missed. Plus it would reinforce the community club ethos of Gartcairn. Im sure I will be corrected if wrong but I think the original poster is a committee man so I found it quite surprising this was the place chosen to ask the question. I also thought that anybody involved at any level of football kinda knows the done thing at a scottish cup game is to offer some sort of hospitality to the visitors?

unless you are Musselburgh ;)

Hermes came down here expecting a comfortable victory against Gartcairn, they were lucky to get away with a draw and stomped off in the huff leaving the hospitality behind. That is just ignorance on their part, the cost of the food is irrelevant, it's the fact that they didn't have the decency to sit down with their hosts that's the issue.

Contrary to what some posts on here state, as well as contacting the Hermes committee this is exactly where Gartcairn should be letting people know what happened after a junior game. It is nothing short of being a disrespectful act. The Gartcairn committee should be sitting down with them after next weeks game irrespective of the score and showing them how the junior community should behave

I don't believe a word of that.

Aberdonians giving up a free knees up.

Aye right, fit like.

Archived