Queen's Park v Clyde (Match Preview Thread)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see much these days but how in the world does Brisbane get a game?

could say that about a few of the present squad apparently he was played at right back today

more worrying for me is that Scott Ferguson can't get a game he was the bright spot in a bleak squad but now seems to have gone backwards

hope the wee man gets a move at Christmas (pre contact) and rebuild his career

could say that about a few of the present squad apparently he was played at right back today

more worrying for me is that Scott Ferguson can't get a game he was the bright spot in a bleak squad but now seems to have gone backwards

hope the wee man gets a move at Christmas (pre contact) and rebuild his career

He wasn't at right back, Mitchell was. He was on the right of a tight midfield four.

Dont see much these days but how in the world does Brisbane get a game?

Because our manager simply doesn't know what he's doing. No other reason.

It's all sounding very much as if the rot is far from being stopped.

He wasn't at right back, Mitchell was. He was on the right of a tight midfield four.

David someone else mentioned that he was right back and was replaced by durie wasn't there that's why I said apparently

cheers

I don't really see how offering thoughts on what the best line-up of our current squad of players is constitutes "a backward step or three", but do feel free to ruin another thread with pointless shots at the board. Not that I particularly agree with the board, the CIC or how they function, but bitching about them on every thread going will do absolutely nothing to solve the problems which exist off the park (and by extension, those on it). So for that reason, I think it's probably best to stick to talking about the football - particularly on match threads.
Alritey then. If Ferguson hasn't yet stumbled upon the magic potion, by accident or design, in five months wading through this expensively assembled pile of shite, why the hell are you ChampManning your way towards eternal denial that they are anything but??? System. Check. Personell. Check. Results??? f**k me. Double check. How's your lambasting of players you dont fancy,any less harmonious or coonjusive to morale than clearly rubber-bullet effect pops at individuals endorsing it?? I
Were you even at the game caller...no, then next caller please!............t_b_w may (in your eyes) be talking pish, but he earned that right by being there and I was surprised both by the number of attending away fans, and the generous support they gave their side at the start when it would have been easier to decry them. As for the game itself, two well taken opportunist striker's goals, with defensive mistakes in the build-ups. QP created the more clear-cut opportunities, but Ferguson's substitutions wrestled the game back in Clyde's favour but fortunately for us they were unable to create much with all the posession they had. Overall Queen's shaded it, but if you don't take your chances you don't deseve to win games, so a draw was probably about right in the end, and on that performance neither team will be near the play-off places. Fortunately we know that Queen's can and will play a lot better, but Clyde ????????? Footnote - though that Duggan's demeanour suggested that he was pissed off at being a late substitute (72 mins), and unless I'm mistaken he didn't touch the ball once until injury time, partly because Clyde dominated that period, but also because he only looked interested if the ball was going right to him. Can't fault Carter's effort and clinical finish, but Duggan needs to put a shift in regardless of whether he's first choice or not and wouldn't be an automatic starter next time for me on that showing. Also thought that Woods merited MOM as much as Berry, with both being head and shoulders above the rest.
I see no reason not to question individual's character, if in the least i didn't witness what goes down as not the 'worst' display of theirs. Especially when i've witnessed it enough already. I'd expect some empathy in.isolation from you, when you observe the current mob-target McLaughlin's abuse levels....picking someone who's more shite than the rest out of that lot takes some doing.

Alritey then. If Ferguson hasn't yet stumbled upon the magic potion, by accident or design, in five months wading through this expensively assembled pile of shite, why the hell are you ChampManning your way towards eternal denial that they are anything but??? System. Check. Personell. Check. Results??? f**k me. Double check. How's your lambasting of players you dont fancy,any less harmonious or coonjusive to morale than clearly rubber-bullet effect pops at individuals endorsing it?? II see no reason not to question individual's character, if in the least i didn't witness what goes down as not the 'worst' display of theirs. Especially when i've witnessed it enough already.

Did I say changing to that formation would suddenly turn everything around? Nope. McLaughlin was, along with Brisbane (who I also mentioned) way below par today, and while others have good, bad and indifferent games, he seems to be guaranteed a start despite bringing little to the team and performing poorly consistently.

Just 11 games into the season, it's apparently over already. Not buying it myself, even in spite of how underwhelming/shite we've been up to now. There's little between the teams in this division, and that's usually the case. While things look bleak just now, a few wins on the trot, or even an astute signing, could brighten the outlook and instill some confidence into a group of players which is clearly lacking in confidence.

Incidentally, I suggested putting Mitchell in midfield. He was signed with that in mind, but Durie's injury has thus far prevented it. Probably not the magic formula you speak of, but it's worth a shot since our midfield's yet to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Certainly can't be any worse than McLaughlin laboriously clogging through 90 mins every week.

Obviously I wasn't keeping track of of what changes in personnel or formation Clyde made with their triple substitution, but from that point forward your midfield ran the show for the most part.................whether by luck or by design, did Bazza stumble upon the right formula?

Which leads me to our midfield.....too often we run out of steam late in games when (understandably Berry & McKernon start to toil)............ somehow I'd like Gus to find a way of getting Baty in central midfield as Berry is having to provide defensive cover when holes appear as well as get forward to support our attacks.......we don't have an on-form natural winger at the moment, so instead of putting square pegs in round holes (like it was with Galt today), why not have Baty in the middle with Berry & McKenron close by on either side and Woods and McLeish covering the flanks, but pushing on when Ralston & Burns are there to support them. If we are not going to play with two strikers, we have to get support to either Carter or Duggan, or like today they become isolated, and the ball comes straight back. The one player who helped us last season in that regard was Shaun Fraser, and if McKernon or Berry were given more licence to get forward knowing that Baty was covering in behind them, that gap between our striker and our midfield would close.

We're also getting to that stage of the season when pitches become heavier, and I'm not sure how long Berry can keep covering every blade of grass like he is at present without suffering burn out, and like Davie Anderson before him I think he's the guy who makes our team tick.

Pish in the first half - just kept giving it away. Much better out the traps in the 2nd half, well worked goal and we were in control and looking really dangerous... and then the triple sub probably took the sting out of things.

Draw probs a fair result but we made enough chances over the course to win it - hey, we even made the Clyde chance.

Agree re S. McLaughlin and Brisbane - the former was too one-paced and the latter far far too indisciplined. While he's not entirely to blame for the concession of the goal, everything at that point was going through QP's unmarked, unchallenged left back. Don't buy the argument that he's out of position - at that point QP's mode of attack was obvious and he should have been wise to it and dug in. Two of the three subs were decent - Linton and Durie did well when they came on, but Campbell didn't offer much. I'd rather have had fresh legs on the left, possibly Ferguson.

Thought the game was relatively even, but QP had the best of the chances. Happy with a point.

Did I say changing to that formation would suddenly turn everything around? Nope. McLaughlin was, along with Brisbane (who I also mentioned) way below par today, and while others have good, bad and indifferent games, he seems to be guaranteed a start despite bringing little to the team and performing poorly consistently.

Just 11 games into the season, it's apparently over already. Not buying it myself, even in spite of how underwhelming/shite we've been up to now. There's little between the teams in this division, and that's usually the case. While things look bleak just now, a few wins on the trot, or even an astute signing, could brighten the outlook and instill some confidence into a group of players which is clearly lacking in confidence.

Incidentally, I suggested putting Mitchell in midfield. He was signed with that in mind, but Durie's injury has thus far prevented it. Probably not the magic formula you speak of, but it's worth a shot since our midfield's yet to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Certainly can't be any worse than McLaughlin laboriously clogging through 90 mins every week.[/quote

shame born 100 years too late

you would have done a great job rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic :)

Incidentally, I suggested putting Mitchell in midfield. He was signed with that in mind, but Durie's injury has thus far prevented it. Probably not the magic formula you speak of, but it's worth a shot since our midfield's yet to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Certainly can't be any worse than McLaughlin laboriously clogging through 90 mins every week.

Spot on post

Terrible analogy, we all know the state the club is in, to suggest it's sunk already is extreme negativity. God forbid a fan analyses the games and offers an opinion on how to maximise the squad we have.

I backed Ferguson from the start not convinced now that he can turn it round or develop players look at Scott Ferguson can't even get a game I genuinely hope I'm wrong

that's 6 games without a win and three goals scored

that's not negativity that's facts

I backed Ferguson from the start not convinced now that he can turn it round or develop players look at Scott Ferguson can't even get a game I genuinely hope I'm wrong

that's 6 games without a win and three goals scored

that's not negativity that's facts

Yes, this post does contain facts, the previous one did not. That was negativity.

Archived