Real life mysteries that freak you out

Antlion

12 hours ago, throbber said:

Impossible. The girl has a funny face emerging on here forehead as well due to shadows though.

I'll admit to being skeptical, but the revelation of Forehead Jesus has me convinced.

Miracle.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh hello, thread created by younger me.

I didn't post or read here in 2011, so I don't know if Karin Catherine Waldegrave was mentioned on this forum, but she was mentioned on a ton of others back then:

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2015/03/05/the-strange-case-of-karin-catherine-waldegrave

Basically, a woman's profile was found on Facebook, and she appeared to be having the mother of all psychotic episodes, playing out online. She was real - apparently a brilliant, multilingual Estonian PhD student at Toronto University - but her Facebook posts descended from happy family stuff (albeit her family was a husband forty-five years her senior) into paranoid delusions and extremely complex conspiracy theories.

People theorised that her profile (on which she'd write posts hundreds of words long, followed by dozens of replies, all by herself) was an ARG, or more than one person communicating secret messages. Personally it seemed she was just dangerously ill and insanely wealthy, her PhD studies (history and economics) and an apparent miscarriage having damaged her. The personal photos she posted, though, were often warped or partially burnt.

When her Facebook went viral she disappeared, deleting the whole thing. Nothing was ever heard - until this year, when she reappeared, and is still posting about "the network" coming after her. Amazingly sad that no one's getting her help.

When her Facebook went viral she disappeared, deleting the whole thing. Nothing was ever heard - until this year, when she reappeared, and is still posting about "the network" coming after her. Amazingly sad that no one's getting her help.

If someone turns up with a yellow holdall she better start running

Archived