The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:25, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, they've got them in Sainsbury's. Much like buying your Xmas cards in January, the more frugal could pick up next year's remembering token gratis. 

"Congratulations on passing your... driving war memorial?"

If the poppy is a symbol to commemorate all war dead then it also commemorates terrorists who died in the war on terror. Quite right of FIFA to ban this vile symbol IMO.

Edited to add "IMO".

Edited by Gordon EF

On 18/11/2016 at 20:01, pandarilla said:

As soon as it became the 'support our boys' symbol it became political.

It was "support our boys" back in 1919. It is political. If the Japanese started wearing commemorations to their war dead some countries would go apesh*t, or the Israelis, or even the Iranians over the Iran\Iraq war. 

Fifa and Eufa have rules, we know the rules, we chose to break them. 

11 hours ago, dorlomin said:

It was "support our boys" back in 1919. It is political. If the Japanese started wearing commemorations to their war dead some countries would go apesh*t, or the Israelis, or even the Iranians over the Iran\Iraq war. 

Nah, sure it'd be fine. Let them commemorate their war dead while playing away to China, I'm sure no one'll mind. Let Turkey do the same while playing Armenia. Serbia/Croatia/Bosnia/Macedonia/Montenegro/Kosovo can all have a go. No potential for any problems there.

I'd suggest that if anyone doesn't understand why the poppy is political, they don't comprehend what politics is.

13 hours ago, dorlomin said:

True, I'd love to see England/ Scotland play the ROI around Easter, with them wearing their white flower the use to commemorate their heros who fought for their freedom against us, I wonder what the reaction would be.

I wouldn't be seen in public with any of my mates if they were wearing that. On the other hand, none of my mates would actually be seen wearing anything as horrific in public.

Also, grown men using terms like "inner bear" is equally tragic and embarrassing.

I wouldn't be seen in public with any of my mates, if they were wearing that. On the other hand, none of my mates would actually be seen wearing anything as horrific in public, even the rangers supporting ones.

I never knew he had it in him to be fair.

He's English and ex navy, big forest fan too, right into the Rule Brittania shite.

Should've figured.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I never knew he had it in him to be fair.

He's English and ex navy, big forest fan too, right into the Rule Brittania shite.

Should've figured.

I'd be selling my place on that trip rather than be seen next to that top. 

bet he wears it every night as well. 

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I wouldn't be seen in public with any of my mates if they were wearing that. On the other hand, none of my mates would actually be seen wearing anything as horrific in public.

Also, grown men using terms like "inner bear" is equally tragic and embarrassing.

It's Benidorm. People with special needs are common there.