My dad has had a heart attack and s stroke, is 83 and when I went to see him at new year he was out but arrived 10 minutes later at the house with a rucksack of beer. He'd walked back from Tesco with it (a fairly steep 20 minute uphill).

Puts me to shame tbh.

Just as well he doesn't have Alzheimer's too or he would have been sitting in some other c**t's house while they drank his beer and called him dad.

My dad has had a heart attack and s stroke, is 83 and when I went to see him at new year he was out but arrived 10 minutes later at the house with a rucksack of beer. He'd walked back from Tesco with it (a fairly steep 20 minute uphill).

Puts me to shame tbh.

Does he live in Bishopmill? That would be a fair wee trek with a haversack of beer. I hope you let him drink it all himself. :)

I just bought a bag of "Retro Classics" sweets. It had stuff like Refreshers, Wham Bars, Drumsticks however It didn't contain a single blackjack despite there being a picture of them on the bag.

On the plus side fruit salads are as good as I remembered.

Wasn't there something like a wham bar but with lots of popping candy or space dust on it?

I just bought a bag of "Retro Classics" sweets. It had stuff like Refreshers, Wham Bars, Drumsticks however It didn't contain a single blackjack despite there being a picture of them on the bag.

Wasn't there something like a wham bar but with lots of popping candy or space dust on it?

Sherbet fountain? Showing my age probably..

That was Snap & Crackles, wasn't it? I remember them being the bollocks; always had one after swimming practice on Saturday mornings. One of the other kids in my class would get a cup of coffee and put their naked Snap & Crackle over the top of the cup until it melted and fell in. After a while, he's give it a stir and drink it. Utter deviant behaviour. I'm sure that boy went on to do terrible things to farm animals, or possibly to moderate a football forum.

There are a few modern pictures of Snap & Crackles from around the world, but none look quite like the ones I remember from thirty years ago :(

That was Snap & Crackles, wasn't it? I remember them being the bollocks; always had one after swimming practice on Saturday mornings. One of the other kids in my class would get a cup of coffee and put their naked Snap & Crackle over the top of the cup until it melted and fell in. After a while, he's give it a stir and drink it. Utter deviant behaviour. I'm sure that boy went on to do terrible things to farm animals, or possibly to moderate a football forum.

There are a few modern pictures of Snap & Crackles from around the world, but none look quite like the ones I remember from thirty years ago :(

Swimming club was on a Monday night, and the snack of choice after it was a cup of chicken soup out of the machine and two refreshers, which you had to break in half to get into your mouth they were so big...

No no no Swimming club was on a Saturday morning or was that the cinema club?

Anyway it was poppets mint or toffee ones out of the vending machine & boiling hot drink supposedly soup I think?

Edited by Grim O'Grady

When I were a lad Rammy baths were but a tuppence bus ride away, we never went cos in the opposite direction our tuppence took us to Racky baths & they were bigger & better. So it was Radcliffes gain & Ramsbottoms loss it was only, years later that we found out that Rammy was where Corrie Star Len Fairclough was giving out his alternative swim lessons, for free mind.

No no no Swimming club was on a Saturday morning or was that the cinema club?

Anyway it was poppets mint or toffee ones out of the vending machine & boiling hot drink supposedly soup I think?

Yes yes yes Grimbo, pictures or football on Saturday, shooting club on Sunday, Alloa Amateur Swimming Club on a monday, cubs on Wednesday.