I've had 1 funeral & missed 1 this year so far. No postponements.

The one I had a ticket for was my uncle, he lived in Heywood all his life, his wake was in the Heywood pub, formerly the 7 Stars, still known as the 7 stars to the locals. On the main road round the corner is a barbers, the very one me mam used to take me too when I was a kid, I remember sitting on that plank they put across the arms of the chair to sit on. It was called the Modern Man, quite a trendy name in the 60's, guess what it's called now? Too fucking right The Modern Man.

Edited by Grim O'Grady

I used to have severe back pain but realised the problem was my training shoes which were a size 8, sciatica 9. :-)

I was in a meeting with the Spartans chairman last Friday & he cracked the very same joke, Larry you are not Craig, are you?

Too much lambada, RN?

Who's our oldest duffer on here anyway? Granny Danger was claiming to be something ludicrous like 62 not long ago, so surely we have an older, wiser mind than that who can act as our guide. Perhaps they could get an honorary global mod position, and use this thread to give sage advice to youngsters (who probably wouldn't listen anyway, the wee scamps).

Too much lambada, RN?

Who's our oldest duffer on here anyway? Granny Danger was claiming to be something ludicrous like 62 not long ago, so surely we have an older, wiser mind than that who can act as our guide. Perhaps they could get an honorary global mod position, and use this thread to give sage advice to youngsters (who probably wouldn't listen anyway, the wee scamps).

BFTD there's nothing ludicrous about being 62 or older, apart from your balls hanging lower and if we were wiser we would have better things to do than .... See that's another thing, how can you be wiser if you keep forgetting what you're doing? Anyway if you're after sage advice then the Nom Nom Nom or The P+B Slow Cooker Owner Club is where you need to go. Because any advice we MFADT's might give will be better suited to Facts You Made Up.

No, I was suggesting 62 was a ludicrously young age for GD - from other people's posts, I'd got the impression he must have kicked about with Methuselah when they were both spry and virile. He could almost get a run out for Forfar at 62, FFS.

Perhaps a new thread for our elder sage would be more appropriate. But we need to work out who that wise, forgetful teacher is, first.

• 2 weeks later...

20% of the Scouts in my troop haven't heard of Jurassic Park, one of which had seen Jurassic World and didn't realise it was a sequel, never mind a sequel sequel sequel sequel. Wtf.

That said, the same number don't know where they were born.

20% of the Scouts in my troop haven't heard of Jurassic Park, one of which had seen Jurassic World and didn't realise it was a sequel, never mind a sequel sequel sequel sequel. Wtf.

That said, the same number don't know where they were born.

tbh, I think you're being a bit unfair on them. Maybe they saw the originals on tv and thought they were documentaries, wouldn't surprise me.

Now, if they don't know who won the World Cup in 1967 by humping the previous holders, THAT would be something to get yerself aerated about.

Following on from the news that a 68 year old has been charged with stabbing to death a 74 year old in the borders, and a 69 year old popped his clogs in The Flying Duck nightclub in Glasgow last night are any of P&B's old duffers planning anything outrageous when they get even older?

Following on from the news that a 68 year old has been charged with stabbing to death a 74 year old in the borders, and a 69 year old popped his clogs in The Flying Duck nightclub in Glasgow last night are any of P&B's old duffers planning anything outrageous when they get even older?

Farting could be risky.

I was thinking of getting a pair of slippers which aren't tartan.

Always a risky strategy to plan things for when you are older, best to do something outrageous every day just in case.

I haven't had to buy slippers for years - get at least one pair every year, usually at Christmas but occasionally my birthday. If I'm very lucky I'll get a pair at Father's Day, too.

I haven't had to buy slippers for years - get at least one pair every year, usually at Christmas but occasionally my birthday. If I'm very lucky I'll get a pair at Father's Day, too.

post-31698-0-87325100-1456352702.jpg