Why are Falkirk fans so envious of hibernian?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon Waddell interviewing him.

Naturally he started by saying how rubbish a job he and your Yogi done at his beloved Bairnabeau and how the club nearly went down the shitter under his watch.

Good timing though.

Old George always talked a good game. No mention I notice of the numerous industrial tribunals the club had to face under his tenure as he didn't seem to understand that you cant just fire people or bully people out of a job.Many had worked for the club for years and its good to see some of these people back working for the club now in important roles. One single case cost us about 60k which is a large sum of cash for a club our size.

Is this going to be a repeat of the time when Yogi went to Hibs, we told them exactly how it was going to pan out, got laughed at, only for it to pan out just as we said?

It is, isn't it? Hibs fans. Pfft.

"Have Falkirk been in the Premier League in this country since he left?"

We haven't been back in the premier league in this country since he left, although we did have a short spell in the Guatemalan premier league. What a strange question. We're only just finishing off clearing up the mess he and his pals got us into, thanks.

Is that the same Yogi that got us into Europe and we have been on a downward spiral since he left - just as Falkirk have?

Funny that "cleaning up his mess" also entails selling all the youngsters that his development plan assisted in getting them all through into the first team isn't it?

Since George Craig and John Hughes left Falkirk have been first division shite for seasons now. That's despite all the youngsters that Craig overseen coming through and making Falkirk a lot of money as well as their partnership with Stirling University saving and making Falkirk millions.

Yogi was indeed sacked too early, although things were turning and he did not appear to have a plan B. Sound familiar?

PS Bambino, GC left us in summer 2011, FULLY TWO YEARS AFTER YOGI and a year after he and the May/Pressley dream team he supported took us down.

Also, you were winning trophies as recently as 2007, and getting into Europe semi regularly long before he turned up. Are you saying Yogi's departure is the main driver for your team's recent plummet into "first division shiteness"? Ooft.

So he got a decision wrong in May & Elvis when Yogi left? Was that after appointing Coyle then Yogi, your most successful manager ever yeah? People make mistakes. Craig moved on to a bigger and better role within the SFA and now oversees the footballing development side at Hibs - I couldn't blame him for us getting into financial turmoil on bankrupting us as it's not his job or to deal with the money side of it.

I'm not blaming Yogi for the downward spiral - that would be the footballing decisions made by Petrie - including sacking Yogi due to a horrible start to the season which included selling Stokes and Bamba and replacing them with nobody so Yogi had to call on favours from the likes of Alan Gow.

Falkirk on the other hand have been completely shite since Hughes left and have only survived based on the players that Craig played a crucial role on developing.

It's now glaringly obvious why Falkirk fans are so bitter and envious and despite my suspicions it's nothing to do with having that baldy heided sour puss Houston at the helm either.

Good luck in the league next year Falkirk - I'm sure we will meet again and you will be telling us we have never beaten Falkirk in a meaningful match since em, the last one.

So he got a decision wrong in May & Elvis when Yogi left? Was that after appointing Coyle then Yogi, your most successful manager ever yeah? People make mistakes. Craig moved on to a bigger and better role within the SFA and now oversees the footballing development side at Hibs - I couldn't blame him for us getting into financial turmoil on bankrupting us as it's not his job or to deal with the money side of it.

I'm not blaming Yogi for the downward spiral - that would be the footballing decisions made by Petrie - including sacking Yogi due to a horrible start to the season which included selling Stokes and Bamba and replacing them with nobody so Yogi had to call on favours from the likes of Alan Gow.

Falkirk on the other hand have been completely shite since Hughes left and have only survived based on the players that Craig played a crucial role on developing.

It's now glaringly obvious why Falkirk fans are so bitter and envious and despite my suspicions it's nothing to do with having that baldy heided sour puss Houston at the helm either.

Good luck in the league next year Falkirk - I'm sure we will meet again and you will be telling us we have never beaten Falkirk in a meaningful match since em, the last one.

George Craig did not appoint Owen Coyle or John Hughes. He wasn't MD when those appointments were made.

Go on then, why is it we are bitter and envious of, errr, fellow Championship side Hibs?

You are absolutely right though, people make mistakes, and if he's learnt from them and does well for Hibs then fair play.

Also, assuming Falkirk do not win the league, then I wish Hibs all the best in toppling Sevco from their current perch.

George Craig did not appoint Owen Coyle or John Hughes. He wasn't MD when those appointments were made.

So he didn't appoint the 2 good ones but had direct responsibility for the other 2 yeah? I'm sure Falkirk had a chairman that would have made all they decisions not George Craig.

Go on then, why is it we are bitter and envious of, errr, fellow Championship side Hibs?

You are absolutely right though, people make mistakes, and if he's learnt from them and does well for Hibs then fair play.

Also, assuming Falkirk do not win the league, then I wish Hibs all the best in toppling Sevco from their current perch.

Because, being at least a club 3x the size of Falkirk we took your most successful manager and you have been shite ever since perhaps? That would leave me bitter and envious now we are actually in the same league as you just bigger and better in every single department. That must hurt.

So he didn't appoint the 2 good ones but had direct responsibility for the other 2 yeah? I'm sure Falkirk had a chairman that would have made all they decisions not George Craig.

Well, yes. How could he appoint the two good ones when he wasn't at the club when they were appointed? :1eye

Archived