Off top of my head in Scotland and IMO

Arbroath > Montrose/Forfar/Brechin

Forfar > Brechin/Montrose.

Airdrie > Albion Rovers

Raith > East Fife

Dunfermline > Cowdenbeath/Falkirk

Dundee United > Dundee

Celtic > Rangers

Hearts > Hibs, even though I like the Hibees.

Inverness > Ross County

Patrick Thistle > Queens Park > Clyde

Motherwell > Hamilton

Kilmarnock > Ayr

Ayr > Stranraer

St Mirren > Morton

Morton > Dumbarton

Qots > Annan

Might be a few in there that are not even derbies but included them anyway, can't think of any I've missed out...

Why have you put Ayr and Stranraer together? :lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's frustrating Dundee/ Dundee Utd don't see sense and become Dundee City. 20000 stadium and a real force in Scottish footy :)

I'd have to agree with this.

It's worked out for my city.

Since Orion, Victoria and the old AFC merged the current Aberdeen FC have won four Scottish titles, seven Scottish cups, six League Cups and two European trophies.

We've also never been relegated and are Famous as f**k.

I'm sure 'Dundee City' would strive for similar.

Has to happen IMO

No problemo, like I've said all along Utd have had the up curve at the moment, coupled with more away fans so have the edge in terms of bums on seats.

Our decline after split was caused by playing 3 dead rubbers at home to caley and st j (shite supports) whilst Aberdeen also brought through far less due to having ducked the "challenge"

There is a seeding system for the top 6. Motherwell were expected to make it, Dundee weren't. Had Motherwell made it all top 6 teams would have had 2 home and away as would all bottom 6 teams.

We fucked it for everyone though :lol:

Partly that, partly because we had precisely nothing to play for, partly because it was our fourth trip to Dens last season, and in my case that afternoon, Montrose v Brora Rangers had more attraction as a competitive tie as opposed to a glorified friendly.

Also, lunchtime kick offs have less an attraction, and we played two of those at Dens last season, one a cup game where we still outnumbered the home support. And got papped oot before St Andrews Day :bairn

Partly that, partly because we had precisely nothing to play for, partly because it was our fourth trip to Dens last season, and in my case that afternoon, Montrose v Brora Rangers had more attraction as a competitive tie as opposed to a glorified friendly.

Also, lunchtime kick offs have less an attraction, and we played two of those at Dens last season, one a cup game where we still outnumbered the home support. And got papped oot before St Andrews Day :bairn

Agreed if I remember correctly our "challenge" wasn't just fucked we were also guaranteed 2nd place. Total dead rubber.

ETA - cup game at Dens was a sickener, was right behind the goal and still remember Mcginn's shot hitting the bar TWICE. Not. Seething. At all.

Agreed if I remember correctly our "challenge" wasn't just fucked we were also guaranteed 2nd place. Total dead rubber.

ETA - cup game at Dens was a sickener, was right behind the goal and still remember Mcginn's shot hitting the bar TWICE. Not. Seething. At all.

Were guaranteed second place after beating Inverness up there at the end of April. And if truth be told, our limp "challenge" died at Celtic Park on 1st March.

It was a total sickener, but fair play to Dundee, they were clinical and we were not.

IMO the two Dundee clubs are of similar size and stature. And I quite like both tbh, both have a healthy hatred for the Ugly Sisters.

Were guaranteed second place after beating Inverness up there at the end of April. And if truth be told, our limp "challenge" died at Celtic Park on 1st March.

It was a total sickener, but fair play to Dundee, they were clinical and we were not.

IMO the two Dundee clubs are of similar size and stature. And I quite like both tbh, both have a healthy hatred for the Ugly Sisters.

Agreed. I remember I was at the game with my brother and with about 10 minutes left I said I could see us getting sucker punched here, we don't look like scoring.

I was right :(

I fucking hate Dundee Utd but I'm glad they exist for the rivalry.

The last Derby was a fantastic advert for Scottish football and the city.

Archived