Loki's Film Quiz

Albino Rover

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have a bash at this

Ps stick those Coen brothers films up yer dowp this time :lol:

I'm brushing up on Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson hoping that their films come up this time. Basically I'm gubbed if the director's name isn't Anderson.

Edit to say that I'm not brushing up on Paul WS Anderson as his films are best forgotten by everyone.....ever.

Round 1: Back On Track

We’re going to begin the quiz as Louis and Auguste Lumiere began the film industry in the great city of Paris:

All this week's questions are about trains and train stations at the movies.

1. In which year did the Lumiere brothers first screen L'Arivée D'un Train en Gare de la Ciotat?

2. Who provides the voice of the rail station announcer, who issues a stern warning to a drunken delinquent who has dropped his glasses on the line, at the beginning of The Angels’ Share?

3. One of the earliest examples of a film cutting from one vantage point to another was in the early Western The Great Train Robbery. Who directed the film?

4. Who played Buster Keaton's fiancée in his classic 1926 film The General?

5. Strangers On A Train was the second film directed by Alfred Hitchcock which featured his daughter Patricia. What was the first?

6. In Martin Scorsese's Hugo, in which train station does Hugo Cabret live and work?

7. What is the name of John Candy's character in Planes, Trains & Automobiles?

8. Which 21st century Oscar-winning film ends with a dance scene at one of the busiest train stations in the world?

9. Which film directed by Sam Raimi ends on the line of a railway station?

10. Who directed the 1970 film The Railway Children?

Send your answers to me by midnight on Friday.

Good luck.

Archived