Dundee to play Celtic in the US.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deleted my comment whilst you were writing yours, as I merely wanted to post -

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But, what did we last win 43 years ago?

I take it youre one of these odd people who count years as Jan-Dec and not Aug-May?

I genuinely do say years instead of seasons btw, leads to so many arguments

• 5 months later...

Gowser may have to sit this trip out bud.....

:lol:

Now you mention it, I think you could be right there. Their police are fond of dishing out beatings but not so keen on being on the receiving end.

Given that the entire league once went bankrupt in the USA they're probably not as prone to that moral panic as the good people of Perth

Exactly. The yanks appreciate a lad who has a punt, even if falls and skins his knee. Peter Marr would be a legend over there. The Perthites suffer from 'tall poppy syndrome'. No voting cûnts.

Why are Dundee willing to sacrifice a home match?

Once again, 'marketing' prevails over the fair and honourable integrity of our sport.

Yes indeed.

Imagine if we win though. What a buggering laugh that would be.

Yes indeed.

Imagine if we win though. What a buggering laugh that would be.

True. It's just a bit frustrating. Celtic already have enough of an advantage over the rest of us. It always seemed an inevitability that this would replace a Dundee home match rather than a Celtic one. Perhaps Dundee haven't been strong enough during negotiations. Either way, I hope you win this at a canter.

Gowser may have to sit this trip out bud.....

:lol:

Wonder if our Texan overlords will use this as marketing for the 'hardest league in the world'?

Dundee have a player unable to get into the country because he has assaulted several police officers.

I could be wrong but would Hearts v Inverness in New York make sufficient money through gate receipts and TV to make it a worthwhile exercise?

Yes.

The most famous fan of Inverness Caledonian Thistle is the Loch Ness Monster who might be making an appearance at half time.

The game would be a sell-out!

Archived