Greenock Morton v Hibernian

Fair enough. My dad is a fairly woeful source on these things tbf

He was outmuscled all night and even struggled when he did get the ball at his feet. He'll come good, I'm sure of that, but he's lacking in confidence and clearly frustrated by his performances at the moment. Bit I think it'll be sooner rather than later that he'll be fine.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had saints fans just days ago saying we'll be challenging for top 5 next season.

We've only conceded once against top flight opposition so far this season, scoring seven. Aberdeen were flying when they came to Easter Road too.

We will be just fine in the Premiership imo.

If there were ever a game where impressing the opposition's fans wasn't really a priority, it was this one.

Promise we'll field a full strength team and put on the samba football carnival you were after next time.

Precious wee souls, some of you, ain't you?

The facts are that you've played us twice, last night and once very early in the season when we were still finding our feet in the division, and on neither occasion have you looked particularly impressive. Yes, you've ground out two 1-0 wins, but if we hadn't gifted you last night's goal the teams could still be playing yet with neither of them scoring.

Ok, it's only two games, but in neither have you looked like potential league winners or that you would be an asset to the division above. Just sayin'.

Precious wee souls, some of you, ain't you?

The facts are that you've played us twice, last night and once very early in the season when we were still finding our feet in the division, and on neither occasion have you looked particularly impressive. Yes, you've ground out two 1-0 wins, but if we hadn't gifted you last night's goal the teams could still be playing yet with neither of them scoring.

Ok, it's only two games, but in neither have you looked like potential league winners or that you would be an asset to the division above. Just sayin'.

The only precious wee soul here is you, taking defeat very badly.

The only precious wee soul here is you, taking defeat very badly.

Not at all; I didn't expect us to win and if we can't score then it's hardly likely. I've criticised Morton and have also mentioned that I didn't think Hibs were as good as I thought they might be. Nothing precious there at all, just realistic. So realistically, do you think your team were particularly good last night?

Not at all; I didn't expect us to win and if we can't score then it's hardly likely. I've criticised Morton and have also mentioned that I didn't think Hibs were as good as I thought they might be. Nothing precious there at all, just realistic. So realistically, do you think your team were particularly good last night?

I wasn't at the game. I've already said I'm delighted with the result, this had potential banana skin written all over it. It's a big week for us with having the semi at the weekend, this game and now Hearts coming up this weekend.

Players rested, 3 points, clean sheet and Stokesy getting in on the goals. All that while not playing well. I'll take that all day long.

I wasn't at the game. I've already said I'm delighted with the result, this had potential banana skin written all over it. It's a big week for us with having the semi at the weekend, this game and now Hearts coming up this weekend.

Players rested, 3 points, clean sheet and Stokesy getting in on the goals. All that while not playing well. I'll take that all day long.

If you're happy, fine; I know I felt similar after many of our results last season when we got the points but didn't play well. But it's hardly being "precious" to say that on the basis of what I've seen of Hibs I don't expect them to do as well if they go up as, dare I say it, Hearts have done so far this season. Just my opinion, based on what I've seen, and what you think of it is pretty much immaterial to me or anyone else. Hibs won, Morton lost and we both move on.

If you're happy, fine; I know I felt similar after many of our results last season when we got the points but didn't play well. But it's hardly being "precious" to say that on the basis of what I've seen of Hibs I don't expect them to do as well if they go up as, dare I say it, Hearts have done so far this season. Just my opinion, based on what I've seen, and what you think of it is pretty much immaterial to me or anyone else. Hibs won, Morton lost and we both move on.

Did you see us dominate St Johnstone on Saturday? Annihilate Dundee Utd and pump Aberdeen who are challenging for the Scottish Flag?

For too long we have played well and fucked it up. We could play like Millwall ur it gets it back to where we should be. We aren't tho. Yesterday was job done.

Did you see us dominate St Johnstone on Saturday? Annihilate Dundee Utd and pump Aberdeen who are challenging for the Scottish Flag?

For too long we have played well and fucked it up. We could play like Millwall ur it gets it back to where we should be. We aren't tho. Yesterday was job done.

Nope, he'd rather judge us on two games versus Morton, which we won.

He wasn't particularly good but I thought McManus was far from woeful. When he was receiving the ball with his back to goal Hanlon was comfortably outmuscling him and winning the ball back as if he wasn't there, but when he was able to get the ball facing goal and run at players he was actually playing passes that weren't depressingly telegraphed and predictable while running into dangerous positions himself. It's no use having him coming deep to collect the ball with his back to goal, it'll never work and Duffy should know this. He had a considerably better game than Johnstone despite that.

Archived