New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

f**k that could've been a close one! We were really interested in a house on Lawers Crescent but missed out by a quick bid that was accepted!

That's just a couple of streets away from me. Same style of houses as ours.

Everyone moves over early in an attempt to keep the traffic flowing, or at least keep it crawling a little faster - loads of cars continuing to the cones in the left hand lane just snarles it up as they try to squeeze into the right hand lane at the last minute -annoys the utter f'ck out of me.

Mrs Ned tells me that on her way home yesterday she pulled out to the left hand lane to stop folk like you scooting past - got some angry looks but she didn't give a shit.

As someone who's fairly qualified on this, you and your wife are idiots.

Use both lanes.

A drivers license I'd guess.

I'm fairly sure the highway code wouldn't cover it (although it's a bloody long time since I sat my test)

It's just one of those driving etiquette things - like when you reward someone for letting you through a gap by squeezing past with one hand off the steering wheel and waving whilst looking at them rather than the road ahead.

I'm fairly sure the highway code wouldn't cover it (although it's a bloody long time since I sat my test)

It's just one of those driving etiquette things - like when you reward someone for letting you through a gap by squeezing past with one hand off the steering wheel and waving whilst looking at them rather than the road ahead.

It's not etiquette though, it's classic sheep behaviour.

If everyone moves over early, it simply pulls back the pinch point and increases the length of the queue. Whereas if both lanes are filled and merge-in-turn is adopted at the closure, you split the queue over two lanes and keep traffic moving further back.

It's not etiquette though, it's classic sheep behaviour.

If everyone moves over early, it simply pulls back the pinch point and increases the length of the queue. Whereas if both lanes are filled and merge-in-turn is adopted at the closure, you split the queue over two lanes and keep traffic moving further back.

Aye but folk don't let those that cruise to the end in and it starts to snarl up, or those nipping in late cause other drivers to brake and the effect 'concertinas' back through the line of traffic causing stoppages.

I seem to have spent half my life in roadworks and the ones that move the smoothest are the ones where folk move over early.

Ignore SSD, he's talking pish. Northbound has been an absolute doddle all week.

Your quickest route to Dundee would be over the Clacks Bridge to Gartarry Roundabout then take the A977 to Kinross and join the M90.

Bollocks. Northbound has been a doddle all week. The police have been doing a good job keeping the traffic flowing and it's only taken me maybe two minutes longer than usual on the bridge approach road.

Shite. I picked the wee one up from nursery in Larbert at half three this afternoon. Traffic around the bridge was a fucking nightmare. Took me an hour to get home to Polmont.