Catholic Rangers, Protestant Celtic

Nope, but back in 1916 probably over 90% of all Celtic fans were from very recent Irish heritage And for the first 60 years of Celtic existance they sung about Irish independence and other Irish songs and incase you didnt notice theyre actually called celtic play in green and white with a shamrock on....Now what is the link between rangers fans and sectarian battles over 3 hundred years ago?

Think that's a bit unfair on Rangers fans.

There's obviously a big connection between the club and Northern Ireland.

Don't really see what the big deal is.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, but back in 1916 probably over 90% of all Celtic fans were from very recent Irish heritage And for the first 60 years of Celtic existance they sung about Irish independence and other Irish songs and incase you didnt notice theyre actually called celtic play in green and white with a shamrock on....Now what is the link between rangers fans and sectarian battles over 3 hundred years ago?

I don't even know where to start with this one , made up figures and utter drivel is all I can see here

Nope, but back in 1916 probably over 90% of all Celtic fans were from very recent Irish heritage And for the first 60 years of Celtic existance they sung about Irish independence and other Irish songs and incase you didnt notice theyre actually called celtic play in green and white with a shamrock on.... Now what is the link between rangers fans and sectarian battles over 3 hundred years ago?

I would think that many have family lineage going back to the time you're describing, or does this only apply to Celtic fans where political and religious outlook is concerned. Rangers fans from Ulster especially but the same will apply to many in the WoS.

I would think that many have family lineage going back to the time you're describing, or does this only apply to Celtic fans where political and religious outlook is concerned. Rangers fans from Ulster especially but the same will apply to many in the WoS.

I think it would be fair to say the vast majority of those in the West of Scotland will have some form of link to Ireland somewhere down the lineage.

Youre the one implying that events in early 20th century Ireland would have nothing to do with Celtic fans whilst admitting most Celtic fans have Irish heritage?!

Doesnt make any sense.

However what im saying is Rangers fans have zero connection to a sectarian battle over 300 years ago

Youre the one implying that events in early 20th century Ireland would have nothing to do with Celtic fans whilst admitting most Celtic fans have Irish heritage?! Doesnt make any sense. However what im saying is Rangers fans have zero connection to a sectarian battle over 300 years a

Of course people will have family lineage and therefore ancestry connection to the Battle of the Boyne, so i don't know how you can state that Rangers fans have zero connection in that context. If you're going on family lineage then that applies both ways, even back to the Battle of the Boyne.

Of course people will have family lineage and therefore ancestry connection to the Battle of the Boyne, so i don't know how you can state that Rangers fans have zero connection in that context. If you're going on family lineage then that applies both ways, even back to the Battle of the Boyne.

Irish independence actually occured whilst Celtic was alive its supporters who were virtually all of (very recent) irish heritage would have rightly sung songs about 1916 and other pro republican songs.

But im not buying your tenuous link to rangers fans maybe having ancestors at 1690 ffs!

And explain to us out of the dozens of wars we have been involved in why is it a sectarian battle over 300 years ago Rangers fans favourite?

Surely it should be ww1 or ww2 that had the greatest effect on us?

Irish independence actually occured whilst Celtic was alive its supporters who were virtually all of (very recent) irish heritage would have rightly sung songs about 1916 and other pro republican songs.

But im not buying your tenuous link to rangers fans maybe having ancestors at 1690 ffs!

And explain to us out of the dozens of wars we have been involved in why is it a sectarian battle over 300 years ago Rangers fans favourite?

Surely it should be ww1 or ww2 that had the greatest effect on us?

You don't really know what you are talking about do you ?

Archived