Cowdenbeath v Airdrie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible pitch and a very windy I would say. Didn't make football easy although the added to the strike for the second goal. A proper thunder b*****d!

Nothing wrong with the pitch. Was poor under Nichol who wanted to play a different game. This season i don't think anyone has complained about it until now. Not sure why it would have an impact when our midfield stopped yours in your tracks and Kerr had Morgan in his pocket with the long balls.

Didn't think Airdrie were particularly bad. Brechin were here a few weeks ago and lost by the same score but looked awful. You were well beaten today by a team where most of the players did their job well. You had no answers to our game.

Nishy and his team gave us really lovely Xmas present! Hope Nishy and his term have a lovely Xmas.

Really hope Cowden supporters support the term rather than abusing _ for a few weeks while I am in Japan.

A well deserved victory today. The players showed a lot of commitment and battled for every ball. No idea why the pitch or weather conditions are being cited by a few Airdrie posters as excuses for being the poorer team on the day. The first half was fairly even but we were by far the better team in the second. Our second goal was a sublime strike worthy of winning any game on it's own.

If we can just build on this, maintain a settled team and get some consistency then things look much more promising. A lot could depend on keeping our loan signings though or bringing in good replacements.

Nishy and his team gave us really lovely Xmas present! Hope Nishy and his term have a lovely Xmas.

Really hope Cowden supporters support the term rather than abusing _ for a few weeks while I am in Japan.

Safe trip Rie. Hope you get a Nishy Calender and a years supply of Chlorpromazine from Santa. We will keep supporting the team and will try not to be abusive.

Nothing wrong with the pitch. Was poor under Nichol who wanted to play a different game. This season i don't think anyone has complained about it until now. Not sure why it would have an impact when our midfield stopped yours in your tracks and Kerr had Morgan in his pocket with the long balls.

Didn't think Airdrie were particularly bad. Brechin were here a few weeks ago and lost by the same score but looked awful. You were well beaten today by a team where most of the players did their job well. You had no answers to our game.

1. There is nothing wrong with the pitch. 2. I can say with confidence that in the last 8 years that no Cowden manager has wanted a poor pitch surface - not Jimmy Nichol nor anyone else. I hear folk saying for some reason that about Jimmy but there is no basis in fact at all for such a claim.

Safe trip Rie. Hope you get a Nishy Calender and a years supply of Chlorpromazine from Santa. We will keep supporting the team and will try not to be abusive.

Thank you! Hopefully the club makes Nishy's calendar. I will buy one. (Honestly I had Hibs ones for a few years and Hartlepool one.) Who is Chlorpromazine for?

1. There is nothing wrong with the pitch. 2. I can say with confidence that in the last 8 years that no Cowden manager has wanted a poor pitch surface - not Jimmy Nichol nor anyone else. I hear folk saying for some reason that about Jimmy but there is no basis in fact at all for such a claim.

Pitch was fine. We all enjoyed one of the lines men slipped with a player. Sorry but it was funny :lol:

Thank you! Hopefully the club makes Nishy's calendar. I will buy one. (Honestly I had Hibs ones for a few years and Hartlepool one.) Who is Chlorpromazine for?

The Chlorpromazine is to calm you down and stop you from slapping people who say nasty things about Nishy.. Just a joke. Have a lovely time in Japan.

Taylor was guff today and it didn't get any better for you when he went off.

Didn't think the ref was spectacular either. A few challenges warranted yellow for me

Thought the challenges on Callaghan and to a lesser extent Scullion were a bit iffy. Don't think we got a free kick for either let alone a card.

Was Hughes the only recipient of a card for not retreating? Yes he was trying to slow play up but It happens in almost every game. We somehow manage to pick up a booking for it from an over zealous ref.

Was there not a directive given to refs to book players that deliberately kick the ball at an opponent in that situation as well. He wasn't taking a free kick, it was un-sporting conduct.

ETA. Think Hughes was a bit lucky not to have been booked prior to that. Not that it would have mattered. Murdoch needed no help in the middle of the park.

The Chlorpromazine is to calm you down and stop you from slapping people who say nasty things about Nishy.. Just a joke. Have a lovely time in Japan.

:lol: I thought so. I will be wearing Cowden top signed by Nishy _ everyday in Japan unfortunately miss so many good games.

If Cowdenbeath can keep up such an imperious home record and pick up the odd result away there shouldn't be any reason why they can't get in the playoffs. A victory against Ayr would set you on your way nicely.

Out of interest I'm aware a few Cowdenbeath fans became increasingly disillusioned with last season, would promotion be welcomed as much as previously?

You are right, play off is achievable if we play our cards right in January.

Good question about promotion. The board want it as they are ambitious. Would take exceptional management and recruitment to avoid relegation next season with Alloa down and townies up.

Not making excuses, Cowdenbeath by far the better side from the goal onwards.

Thought the pitch cut up and the ball didn't really bounce.

Airdrie players slipped a lot. Keepers slip made the third goal a tap in. That said, the Blue Brazilians seemed to stay on their feet no problem.

Just slightly worrying about the lack of depth to our squad. A few guys carrying niggling injuries at the moment. Understandable due to the lack of funds available though.

Keeping Murdoch until the end of the season would be a real boost. He oozes class and works as hard as anyone. Could be the difference of what playoffs we end up in.

Archived