The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

I don't know how old you are, but can you remember that Scottish cup game were Meadowbank beat accies 4-1?  It was on a Sunday.  Only home game I seen them play.  I only remember it because Rough was in goals and a goal where the wind beat him.  I think the ball came back off the post and the wind blew it in the net.  
I don't get it.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, HooseLee said:
I don't know how old you are, but can you remember that Scottish cup game were Meadowbank beat accies 4-1?  It was on a Sunday.  Only home game I seen them play.  I only remember it because Rough was in goals and a goal where the wind beat him.  I think the ball came back off the post and the wind blew it in the net.  

I don't get it.

Neither did Alan Rough 

10 hours ago, HooseLee said:

I was at that game but I think it might have only been 3-1. We probably got stuffed by Morton in the next round, that tended to happen a lot...

Tam Cowan told an old Hector Nicol joke on Off the Ball on Saturday:

I was watching Top of the Pops with the old man. Carl Douglas came on.

My dad asked "Is that Kung Fu?"

I replied "I think he's maybe had a few. "

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was at that game but I think it might have only been 3-1. We probably got stuffed by Morton in the next round, that tended to happen a lot...

Can you remember that goal that Rough let in?  You were playing towards the right hand goals looking from.the 'main' stand.   I'll need to check to see what the score was.   Just checked and it was 2-0... 

Edited by HooseLee

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It bloody did. Every time we got to the fourth round we'd wait for the draw and it was fucking Morton. Every. Single. Time.

Closest we ever came to beating them (in the Cup) was when they equalised in what seemed like the twenty-seventh minute of stoppage time, won the replay and were drawn against Celtic in the next round.

On 07/04/2020 at 16:29, HooseLee said:

I don't know how old you are, but can you remember that Scottish cup game were Meadowbank beat accies 4-1? 

On 08/04/2020 at 02:50, tamthebam said:

I was at that game but I think it might have only been 3-1. 

On 08/04/2020 at 04:48, HooseLee said:

Just checked and it was 2-0... 

At this rate, in another 12 hours we'll have won the game .....