Bolton

HTG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprising to see a Neil Lennon team struggling on the park, what with his previous fantastic achievements and trophy haul at Celtic. Reminds me of the terrible time Walter Smith had at Everton. Another who, given his success at Rangers, would've been expected to win the league with the Toffees with room to spare.

It's not Gartside, the owner's Eddie Davies - I don't know if he's said it to the press directly, but any recent Guardian coverage of Bolton will mention it.

Did they manage to slepl his name right?

Luton have never been in the Premiership. I believe it's only Swindon & Pompey who've played in all 4 tiers since the formation of the EPL.

Edit, stick Bradford in as well. They've been in all 4 tiers.

Swansea City. Though they have done it the right watched by working their way up the leagues. I think they also almost got relegated to the conference while in 4th tier.

EDIT.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swansea_City_A.F.C._seasons they spent a few years in bottoni tier. Finishing 2 1st and 20th in 2 of those seasons.

Swansea City. Though they have done it the right watched by working their way up the leagues. I think they also almost got relegated to the conference while in 4th tier.

Good point, well made. I forgot about the ones who came up through the leagues, I was focusing out the ones who'd dropped through them. Wigan would be another then, wouldn't they?

Did Bournemouth go as far as league 2?

They have certainly played in the bottom league, but don't know when the last time was.

Have not both Swansea and Notts County gone from bottom ( 4th league ) to top and back twice since the 50's?

They have certainly played in the bottom league, but don't know when the last time was.

Have not both Swansea and Notts County gone from bottom ( 4th league ) to top and back twice since the 50's?

I think you mean the 80s.

Prior to 1981, Notts County hadn't played in the top flight since 1926. They've been up and down through the divisions like yo-yos since. As have Swansea.

Another club to add to that would be Cardiff City. Played in bottoni Tier in 1997/98. I would also have thought Reading fc. Bit the last time they played 4th Tier was in 1983/84. Premier was former in 1992.

I'm not sure what the criteria now is for including teams who have played in all 4 divisions, including the Premier but excluding the old Division One.

Have they had to have played in all four divisions since the commencement of the Premier League, or have they had to play in all four divisions (at some time) but including the Premier League?

Carlisle United, Northampton Town and Barnsley have also played in all 4 divisions, but not the Premier. As, indeed, have Bradford Park Avenue, Grimsby Town and Brentford.

Wolves, and the 2 Sheffield sides have also played in all 4 divisions and Huddersfield Town.

Yes. To both Wigan and Bournemouth (who were a Non league team a recently as 1978 i think) they also had never been relegated until they dropped out of premier.

Bournemouth almost went bust in 2007/8

If you are referring to Wigan that's not correct. They were relegated back to Division 4 (or whatever it was called then) in 1992/93.

If you are referring to Wigan that's not correct. They were relegated back to Division 4 (or whatever it was called then) in 1992/93.

I stand corrected. Thought i had read they had never been relegated up until that point.

Archived