Scotrail

ScottR96

On 19/07/2022 at 12:52, RiG said:

if they want to deliver a safe environment for people to travel by train they can start by using trains with more than 3 carriages between Inverness and the central belt. Especially during the summer periods when the trains are rammed with tourists. 

Case in point here. Standing room only on departure yet again on the 1050ish service from Inverness heading south. This has been a regular occurrence for years now and Scotrail do nothing about it. Still, at least no one is drinking though...

Edited by RiG

On 19/07/2022 at 15:29, Dons_1988 said:

I wasn’t actually being particularly serious. I’m getting a train this week for the first time in ages and quite fancy a couple. 

Was trying to be discreet and Just had terrible timing taking a sip of my can just as I accidentally locked eyes with the conductor. 

Tried to keep my head down but sure enough he came up, tapped me on the shoulder and said…

”caught ye!” 

Then walked off laughing :lol:

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm not convinced any of the quotes in that article are new tbh - it looks like a copy and paste from a previous time their not exactly truthful reply went somewhat viral on twitter.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

A: Because Scotland's politicians and the public health puritan lobby form a tight clique based on paternalism, that is personified by the former Health Secretary/'chief mammy' figure as First Minister. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do they even bother when it's so widely ignored?

There are people who won’t have a drink because it’s not allowed though. I bet fewer people are having a drink on the train.

There will also be cases where it is enforced. I’m sure the BTP put out a tweet showing confiscated alcohol a few days ago. 

15 hours ago, Clown Job said:

First the booze ban and now this 

The wording here is ambiguous. 

The man was either on the train having a chug between Polmont and Falkirk High, or the train was passing as the man was chugging, presumably whilst standing by the side of the tracks, and people saw him. 

Schrodinger's cat has nothing on this guy.

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wording here is ambiguous. 

The man was either on the train having a chug between Polmont and Falkirk High, or the train was passing as the man was chugging, presumably whilst standing by the side of the tracks, and people saw him. 

Schrodinger's cat has nothing on this guy.

Aye, definitely some ambiguity in the wording. My guess is that he was in the vicinity of the track polishing his helmet as the train passed. If not, and he ripped the heid aff it from Polmont to Falkirk High, then I can only admire and envy his staying power as that journey must take the best part of 5 minutes.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Between people demanding the right to neck several cans of warm lager sitting amongst families trying to get to the city centre for a day out and blokes chugging off, I think I'll stick to my car. God made me a snob for my own good I think. 😂

Just remember to park in a discreet place before choking Kojak. 

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Between people demanding the right to neck several cans of warm lager sitting amongst families trying to get to the city centre for a day out and blokes chugging off, I think I'll stick to my car. God made me a snob for my own good I think. 😂

^^^

Yep, probably wise to lie low for a while

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm confused by all the different unions and dates.

Can anyone tell me whether I'm fucked trying to use a train in Scotland on Saturday or not?

You might be lucky, but it seems a w**k is more likely based on recent events on the Polmont line