St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 6th February 2016

Aberdeen have a midweek tussle with Celtic to take care of before they come to Perth this Saturday. Hopefully Aberdeen get the win on Wednesday but come to Perth shattered, broken and struggling.

For Saints, the next couple of weeks are really important. The longer we go without a win, the more the bottom 6 rises to engulf us, and the panic and negativity kicks in. On the flip side, a couple of good wins and a return to goalscoring form and we'll quickly start looking around us at fellow top 6 challengers, and once more be asking if it's the greatest Saints team of all time!! :D

It's great that this game is re-arranged for this Saturday, as its a welcome distraction from everyone else's exciting Cup matches, and it should also mean we get a bigger crowd down from Aberdeen to put even more cash into our summer transfer fund. :)

Interesting to see if Tommy decides to go ultra positive and start Swanson left and young Thomson right, with Zippy and Maclean upfront.

Let's not forget we expected a bit of a hammering when we went to Pittodrie earlier in the season. For those of you that can't remember, St Johnstone won 5-1.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather we go "Baws Oot" with Swanson and Thomson, than endure the pish that's been served up this last few weeks.

I'm also fed up with McLean playing as an extra midfielder. He does all his good work 40yds from goal, and rarely gets in the box nowadays.

Cummings must start if he's fit.

4-3 will do. Who gives a toss about clean sheets. Start creating chances FFS Saints.

Revenge for the 5-1 IMO

Clark

Mackay - Anderson - Shaughnessy - Scobbie

Thomson - Davidson - Wotherspoon - Swanson

Cummins - MacLean

Is what I'd hope for. Clark deserves a chance due to Mannus' erratically poor form lately and the fact he was fairly solid when last involved. Looks like Easton and Millar will miss out and Thomson deserves a chance to stake a claim for the now vacant right wing spot.

Wouldnt be overly heartbroken if we lost or drew tbh, a positive, battling performance after an utterly dismal January would help lift spirits and provide a base for the rest of the season.

I'll let you know how many goals we'll put past you by once we swat aside Celtic.

Certainly hope you win..................we've downgraded our expectations, and are aiming for third this season.

It's great that this game is re-arranged for this Saturday, as its a welcome distraction from everyone else's exciting Cup matches, and it should also mean we get a bigger crowd down from Aberdeen to put even more cash into our summer transfer fund. :)

I think we pretty much sold out the original game and tickets are still valid so there shouldn't be to much change there unless a lot of people have asked for a refund.

I wonder who Jama will be supporting for this if we win on Wednesday.

I don't see the benefit of throwing Swanson in from the start. Would rather see him get thirty minutes off the bench this week and next whilst also playing a reserve/bounce game or two. I know this side will be too negative for a lot of fans but it's what I'd go with, giving Millar a rest to try and get to the bottom of this upper leg complaint. I believe the club are trying to get to the root of the problem though. Also working off the assumption that Mannus won't be dropped. Anderson for Easton and it's the same side that won 5-1 at Pittodrie.

Mannus

Wotherspoon - Davidson - Lappin - Craig

MacLean - Cummins

Subbies: Clark, Fisher, Millar, Thomson, Swanson, Sutton, Kane.

Is there a supporters bar at McDiarmid Park which can be frequented by visiting fans?

There is the Muirton Suite under the Main Stand which is available. I think a few Aberdeen bus loads will head there.

It has sky sports so can take in the early KO, but it takes ages to get served and will likely be very busy. Hopefully they do the big bucket full of tins and bottles as they did for the hearts (?) game, speeds service up massively.

I don't see the benefit of throwing Swanson in from the start. Would rather see him get thirty minutes off the bench this week and next whilst also playing a reserve/bounce game or two. I know this side will be too negative for a lot of fans but it's what I'd go with, giving Millar a rest to try and get to the bottom of this upper leg complaint. I believe the club are trying to get to the root of the problem though. Also working off the assumption that Mannus won't be dropped. Anderson for Easton and it's the same side that won 5-1 at Pittodrie.

Mannus

Wotherspoon - Davidson - Lappin - Craig

MacLean - Cummins

Subbies: Clark, Fisher, Millar, Thomson, Swanson, Sutton, Kane.

That bench is very attacking!!

There is the Muirton Suite under the Main Stand which is available. I think a few Aberdeen bus loads will head there.

It has sky sports so can take in the early KO, but it takes ages to get served and will likely be very busy. Hopefully they do the big bucket full of tins and bottles as they did for the hearts (?) game, speeds service up massively.

Thanks mate.

Archived