St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 6th February 2016

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Wednesday night and the game earlier in the season, this one is giving me the fear, I must admit. No "logical" reason other than in my years of watching Aberdeen, they generally let you down after doing something very good.

With regards to team, if everyone is fit and in good shape, I would have no hesitation in playing the same team as Wednesday. Saints are a good team, but McGinn and Hayes will hopefully have an easier time from Fisher and Scobbie than they did from Joe and Easton at Pittodrie.

Cummins and MacLean up front will certainly give our defence a real test, and we really do have to be far more switched on at defensive set plays than we were back in October. Saints have a very strong spine to them, and despite previous iffy form, are capable of turning the style back on.

As such, I think this will be a 1-1 draw - Shaughnessy for Saints and Pawlett for the Dons off the bench.

Think the manager has to freshen it up as i think some will be tired from Wednesday - sadly we don't have much of a squad to freshen it up! Not very confident for this game.

Aberdeen will be on a high from beating us but with a golden chance to go level with us at the top (albeit with a game more played & inferior goal diff), they will bottle it.

St Johnstone to win 2-0.

PANIC ON THE STREETS OF PARKHEAD!

No idea why but ive suddenly gotten confident about this. The number of changes we've been forced into might actually help us.

Yeah have to say I'm not hugely confident about today.

Would be typical and years of mediocrity and let downs ensure you're still cynical when it comes to the dandies.

Would be delighted with any kind of win.

Looking forward to the game – should be a great atmosphere at any rate. Aberdeen are streets ahead of us, but we always seem to perform better when expectation is against us.

I won't be despondent if we lose for all sorts of reasons. As long as we put in a good shift.

Lol at anyone having 'mixed emotions' about winning when Saints still have something to play for in the league. Get a grip.

I expect us to lose comfortably.

I don't have mixed emotions. I'm travelling through from Edinburgh wanting us to win same as every week – and winding up the Dons fans like nobody's business if we do.

But I'm comfortable with the security of going into a game guaranteed a good atmosphere aware that even a defeat would have compensations – girning faces in the east end of Glasgow. (I have a similar feeling if we lose to a lower league team in the cup – you can empathise with the joy of the underdog.)

Don't get me wrong here, it would be amusing if your club actually won something relevant this millennium, but not at the expense of Saints. Something I'm sure you would agree with if the boot was on the other foot.

Oh aye? Where's your Energy Cities Cup?

Don't get me wrong here, it would be amusing if your club actually won something relevant this millennium, but not at the expense of Saints. Something I'm sure you would agree with if the boot was on the other foot.

I'm sure there was a St Johnstone supporter on here a few months ago who said he would be happy for St Johnstone to lose to Aberdeen if it meant Aberdeen kept a title challenge up. Utterly bizarre viewpoint to have.

I'm sure there was a St Johnstone supporter on here a few months ago who said he would be happy for St Johnstone to lose to Aberdeen if it meant Aberdeen kept a title challenge up. Utterly bizarre viewpoint to have.

I said I wanted Aberdeen to win the league on the condition they drop points to us everytime.

The deal still stands if your reading McInnes & Co.

Archived