Morton v Dumbarton 13/2/16

cawley has flattered to deceive, I just don't think kler has done enough to start, but if our strikers delivered, maybe he'd get a longer substitute appearance, and is good, then take it from there. I just Don't get the love fest nonsense, cawley is a passenger most games, Gallagher solid, reasonably effective but without being spectacular, but we need more up top and the wings, jury out on Walsh as well,

post-33445-14553941682225_thumb.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle of the Barr's:

One is a p***k.

The other was shite.

Lack of any sort of decent performance in the middle of the park for us today - Routledge had a real off day and Barr didn't look like a midfielder at all (even though he was very good last week).

We looked lost when Nade came off.

I thought Don and Kler did well when they came on. Would like to see Kler for Cawley and Don up with Fleming next week (if Nade is out).

Only one with pass marks was Walsh.

Gal runs about and you can't deny his effort... He's just not a very gifted footballer.

but I'd love to us have someone like Denny Johnstone upfront. Quick, strong, clever and far better than anyone we've got infront of goal.

Strong? More powderpuff than powerful.. Ok he did have a naw bad game today, but he is hardly a thorn in the side of most defenders, when he up against a strong(er) defence, he lacks the bottle needed for a fight and gets pushed out the game too easy

Jury out on Walsh, optimistic? Literally the only creative player we have. He went on a run down the right today, beat 2 men and looked up to see absolutely none of his team mates interested, he was forced to try and take another on and was crowded out in the end. Put a couple of great balls in too, Nade got injured stretching for one and we had nobody attacking the others. If that keeps up I can see him getting demoralised quickly.

Strong? More powderpuff than powerful.. Ok he did have a naw bad game today, but he is hardly a thorn in the side of most defenders, when he up against a strong(er) defence, he lacks the bottle needed for a fight and gets pushed out the game too easy

I think you'd be best to send him our way then.

Look at us today, then look at Johnstone. That's what it's like near enough every week for us going forward, he'd improve our team massively. He was pretty good in the air against Frazer Wright today, and that is something you very rarely see. I'd take him in a heartbeat at Sons.

Bit of a miserable performance. Thought we looked like we could get a goal when Nade was on but we can't be solely relying on him for getting forward. Here's hoping the injury isn't that bad. Fleming was somehow worse than last week and needs a right boot up the arse - didn't look interested at all. I'd go with Heh and Walsh on the wings next week as I thought he looked good in his small time on the pitch. He's as lightweight as Cawley but he looks to actually take players on and get forward a little more than KC.

Nae fucking burger van today. Riddy.

What tackle are you on about? Routledge committed a foul and he waved play on, but then booked him when play stopped. But that was nowhere near as bad.

Aye, that one. Was he booked after? Play went on for ages, didn't spot the ref booking him. Both tackles nearly identical. Both bookings. Guys have went in a bit late going for the ball with foot raised.

Walsh was the best player in a Sons top today by some distance. The real passenger today was Fleming. Utterly disinterested and looked a tad out of shape. The bench was heavily weak. Your looking to see who can come on and change things up and nope, nothing, no one there who can impact on the game. Nade went off and the shape went. No backup plan and the fault lies there with the gaffer on this occasion I'm afraid. I'm not slating the gaffer or calling for his head or that but the tactics after Nade went off were non existent.

Fleming gave us real problems in that cup game and I remember being disappointed when told after it that we had shown an interest in him over the summer and didn't get him. Didn't do much today.

Yip that's the annoying thing from a Sons point of view. Every time we have played you i have felt that we have a good chance to beat you. We then don't play that well but you play slightly better and win.

I know it seems obvious if you play better you deserve the win which i am not denying. It's the fact we have not played to our potential that is frustrating. Whereas we seem to play well against St. Mirren who you guys still can't get a win against(not having a dig there btw).

The strange thing is i still think St. Mirren could pinch 4th and finish ahead of you guys. It looks like 8th at best for us.

To show i have no sour grapes, i hope we do you guys a favour and beat St.Mirren next week.

I hope so aswell mate.

Thought walsh took too long to cross into the box today, although i'm prepared to accept that might be because he looked into the area and decided not to play it quite yet.

Flemings not looked right for a bit, hopefully nothing too bad and he'll be back to form soon.

I personally dont think jono and barr should play cm together, we really miss jamies drive through the middle.

I think the gaffers got to carry some of the flak today; even with nade on the park our tactics and shape didnt look agressive or solid enough, how many times did we tiptap it about lm/lb/cm then put it out of play?

Positives were the don and kler looked up for it.

Despite us dropping 2 goals and 2 points tonight, this'll be different. 2-0 to Morton.

telt ye!

Morton excellent first half, could have been four up,

Second half more even, but ton more dangerous

Funny how we all see it differently. I thought the first half was pretty even and to go in all square at half time was fair enough. Second half though we were far more positive and, one goalmouth scramble apart, we were pretty much in control and deserved the win.

Was always going to be an important three points, whichever team got it. I'm glad it was us, especially after the recent very poor run we've had.

How come Morton players were allowed to celebrate and wind up away fans ?? When Andy Halliday gave a fist pump on the halfway line he got booked, but it's okay to do it ten yards from opposing fans?

I don't really mind if players do it, of course it winds me up and I'm happy to give it back, but surely today merited a few bookings if that's the standard set?

O'ware and rat face McManus the culprits.

telt ye!

Funny how we all see it differently. I thought the first half was pretty even and to go in all square at half time was fair enough. Second half though we were far more positive and, one goalmouth scramble apart, we were pretty much in control and deserved the win.

Was always going to be an important three points, whichever team got it. I'm glad it was us, especially after the recent very poor run we've had.

you hit the post twice, Christ knows how many corners, and ewings had at least two good saves and a few balls smothered

Archived