General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38561496

Authoritarian ideologue bigots from the Women and Equalities Commission (spot the unironic sexism) recommend that political parties be forced to ensure at least 45% of their general election candidates be women, setting up a playing field that broadly demonisies and hampers men while ensuring that women are more than ever treated like infants based on their biology rather than on their mind, ideas and talent.

The same quota from this 'equalities' commision is remarkably not also demanded for men :lol:

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You'd never guess that Banana was a misogynist . . .

emoji33.png

Here we go .....If you support Brexit you're a xenophobe or a racist. If you question positive discrimination ( even though it's dubious merits are well documented) you're a misogynist.... or a racist!

This is why the liberal  left has become an irrelevance to most people......The rest of us  live in the real world !!

Here we go .....If you support Brexit you're a xenophobe or a racist. If you question positive discrimination ( even though it's dubious merits are well documented) you're a misogynist.... or a racist!
This is why the liberal  left has become an irrelevance to most people......The rest of us  live in the real world !!

If racist xenophobic misogynism is the real world I'll stick with my liberal left fantasy world.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

If racist xenophobic misogynism is the real world I'll stick with my liberal left fantasy world.

It is in the real world but it's not the realm of everyone who disagrees with you on any subject. In other words it should be tackled where it actually exists not created from nothing simply so that you can feel all worthy and virtuous without ever having to get your hands dirty.

It is in the real world but it's not the realm of everyone who disagrees with you on any subject. In other words it should be tackled where it actually exists not created from nothing simply so that you can feel all worthy and virtuous without ever having to get your hands dirty.

Have you never read banana's posts before then?

21 hours ago, McSpreader said:

The purpose of politics is to change the real world, not to meekly accept its fuckwittery.

21 hours ago, jmothecat said:

If 'racist' 'xenophobic' 'misogynism' is the real world I'll stick with my liberal left fantasy world.

Unintentionally surprisingly accurate summary of the projection and self-derangement that is modern 'Progressive' doctrine. Have a greenie!

Edited by banana

6 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The purpose of politics is to change the real world, not to meekly accept its fuckwittery.

I've Greenied you for that but I'm not sure your personal political history supports the rhetoric.

Lib Dems win a council sway in Sunderland on a stunning swing. Are they officially back?

Picking up the 'remainers' vote?
If you voted to stay in Europe in England they'd be your only option just now.

Lib Dems win a council sway in Sunderland on a stunning swing. Are they officially back?

I'd say yes, they're on their way. There's only so much of the Unionist vote the Tories can expect to squeeze from SLAB, the LibDems will see some of their less stable support return home in May for me!