General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I genuinely don't know if he's serious or just at it half the time. If it's the latter it just isn't funny.

8 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

He's at it all of the time.

Must be a lot of hard work to be "at it" all the time.

Surely if you keep searching for and posting that sort of stuff, even as a wind up, you start believing it's true?

Must be a lot of hard work to be "at it" all the time.
Surely if you keep searching for and posting that sort of stuff, even as a wind up, you start believing it's true?
He's the MJC of the Politics Forum. Know what works and runs with it continually. Obviously it's an utterly tragic, attention seeking existence, but some folk need that I guess.

Do these polls keep track of how many people responded with, "I'm voting for none of these utter c***s, thanks"?

I don't care how bad folk think the alternatives are, imagine being presented with the range of voting options and saying, "yep, I'd actively vote for this Conservative party". Literally nobody seems to think they're doing a good job, but I guess the idea is that voluntarily eating a shit sandwich is better than possibly being force-fed a skittery dump at a later date?  :unsure:

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Do these polls keep track of how many people responded with, "I'm voting for none of these utter c***s, thanks"?

I don't care how bad folk think the alternatives are, imagine being presented with the range of voting options and saying, "yep, I'd actively vote for this Conservative party". Literally nobody seems to think they're doing a good job, but I guess the idea is that voluntarily eating a shit sandwich is better than possibly being force-fed a skittery dump at a later date?  :unsure:

Pensioners, BTL landlords, bankers, people who are counting down the minutes until their relatives die and they get an inheritance, racists, farmers, god botherers, people who queue up to look at the royal family, golfers and just general wankers love the Tories.

That's a good chunk of the electorate who will vote for them come what may.

Pensioners, BTL landlords, bankers, people who are counting down the minutes until their relatives die and they get an inheritance, racists, farmers, god botherers, people who queue up to look at the royal family, golfers and just general wankers love the Tories.
Golfers, you've really lost the plot

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Golfers, you've really lost the plot

Have you ever flown over Surrey? It's just golf courses, swimming pools and Tory MPs.

On 17/08/2018 at 22:59, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Must be embarrassing that he's a United fan as well.

I genuinely don't know if he's serious or just at it half the time. If it's the latter it just isn't funny.

Its ye olde Stuart Dickson paradox. He's either an obsessive troll or an actual real person. Either way its rather sad. 

On 17/08/2018 at 19:28, Granny Danger said:

banana continues on this site because he is cunning enough not to be blatant but mostly because idiots keep responding to him despite it being obvious that he is a troll.  I have the c**t on ignore.

Had about a week of glorious almost banana-free pages on the Trump thread because no-one responded.

I’ve been guilty of it in the past too, but it’s pointless trying to engage as he doesn’t have any actual desire to debate, he’s just a troll.

Scroll right on past the terrible memes and #triggered and he’ll soon get bored with the politics threads when he doesn’t get any bites.

So it looks like the Australian PM is being ousted to be replaced by an even bigger idiot.
Oz always seems to get a positive press in the UK but it's up there with the USA for racist crazies.
Indeed, a nation of vulgar people and coarse attitudes. Can anyone name two Australian authors, books, films, poets or composers respectively ?